Barometer offset will not work

the barometer offset does in fact work

make sure to not enter any units when you are entering the offset
and also make sure to click on yes to save settings after clicking on set

I have no idea what you mean about not entering any units when entering the offset. A screen shot would be SO useful. I tried setting offset to 0 and hitting Set and saving. It did nothing at all and my barometer reading remains way too high.

a screen shot from you would also be usefull
to see what you are entering

not entering units means via the manual entry for the barometer offset

OK I went to barometer offset window and typed in -10 in the manual window. Then I hit the Set button. Then I hit the Save button. The barometer reading remain unchanged. It is 10 mb too high. So obviously what you suggested is not the answer.

I installed the latest Wd version over an existing older version. COuld this be the reason I cannot get the barometer offset to work. Is there some internal file I could manually check and change its value? I am anxious to get this working as my station is sending out a barometer reading that is terribly in error on the high side.

Did you try entering the offset to one decimal place? Try putting in -10.0 and then hit set/save.

I just did what you suggested. It did nothing. Barometer remains way too high by about 10 mb. I am starting to think this is a bug arising from the IP version that has the data logger, in this case a Davis Weather Envoy, feeding data via my router. But since all the other data is being read flawlessly by WD, it has to be something specifically to do with the barometer offset. Can anyone tell me if this sounds logical?

Arthur…

This is really a way long shot but…

Are you running WD on Vista or Win 7 and if so is it running as Administrator when you try and make the offset change?

-Bob

When you hit the set button did the offset appear in the box (see attachment) before you hit the save button?

baro_offset.png

I am running on the only account on the PC where WD is and this account has Administrator privileges. The OS is Windows XP.

Yes the numbers come up in the box before I hit Set and Save. I used the barometer offset with my previous Lacrosse station for many years. Never had a problem. Soon as I would enter the offset value, the main WD window would show the corrected barometer reading. Apparently it is my switching to the Weatherlink IP that is messing this up. And, as I said before, all the other data is being WD flawlessly every 2 or 3 seconds. Only the barometer reading is way off and needs badly to have an offset correction. :frowning:

Hi Arthur,

One other thing to check/try – look at the WDSIPLAY.INI file and find the [Barooffsetactual] and see what it is. If it shows 0 then maybe try manually inputting the values here, be sure to save the file before closing. Probably best to do this with WD shut down.

Here is what mine looks like ( I’m not sure what the [Barooffset] number=90 is but it looks like the mb value without the decimal):

[Barooffsetactual]
number=9.0
number usa=0.266 in.

[Barooffset]
number=90

You’re probably right and it has something to do with the IP logger. Usually there is a way to enter an offset/altitude on the station console.

I have the same problem … cannot set the offset on barometer

what weather station type?
which version/build of WD?
also this thread you have grave dug is like 6 years old now…that might be a record?

haha…i did not see the date!I make a record!
My station is AERCUS Weathersleuth . I recieve data from wundergound because i do not find settings to grab data from datalogger in live time (if this helps) .
WD is the latest.

the latest .zip update now uses the barometer offset you set in WD to the wunderground api data source

I had built 3 and i just download build 4 of the lastest WD . I replace the files in WD directory but the problem not solved (of caurse i restart program). In WU pressure is 1007 and in WD is 1011 . I try again the offset setting and the QFE setting but with no luck .

Hi
make sure to use the .zip update of WD from the download page
(and then unzip the updated weatherdisplay.exe to where you have WD installed (exit WD first))
also make sure to not use the QFE setting

Ok it worked with offset . Thanks a lot … :slight_smile: