Some problem with wxsim-lite

Hi,

I decided to use wxsim-lite but i ecountered some problem.

First, it was a problem regarding file cormod0.txt, i’ve tried to move out of folder and the problem was fixed…but is important that file?

Second problem, i download the data, check forecast only but when try to ckeck use initial data and use correction the box aren’t clickable

Third, when make a full scan, at the and of operations, the program show me an error “no forecast with matching station data foun”

Fourth, If i click Go with forecast only checked (initial data and use correction continue to be unceckable) at the end of operations receive the error “Too much data missing”

To finish…every time that start the program i have a popup wornig to advise about bias and to uncheck data correction in schedule, i’ve do all but the pop continue and i cant make an automatic procedure to start the progrma
How can i solve?

P.S. I’ve select skip analisys

P.S.2 The download is include in schedule time?

Thanks in advance
Davide

Hi Davide,

First, I’m glad you’re trying WXSIM-Lite!

I suspect the problems you are seeing result from not having been through a data collection period of at least 2-3 weeks before trying to use the corrections. That’s why those boxes aren’t clickable. Go to the scheduler and set it up to start downloading GFS data regularly, but don’t try to use corrections in forecasts until you’ve got at least three weeks of data for the program to “learn” from. It needs such data to compare to your actual station data.

Please let me know if you have more quesitons. :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom,

thanks for reply, i’m downlaoding wth regularity GFS data with correction untick. I’ll wait 3 weeks and i’ll give you a feedback.

thanks in advance
Davide

Hi Tom

Im getting same error now in wxsim-lite:

“Error 13 (Type mismatch). Last file attemped to opened was cormod0.txt
Last file succesfully opened was cormod0.txt”

I have been running wxsim-lite sine the beginning and I have plenty of forecast in the wxismlite folder.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Henrik

Hi again

Problem fixed (I think).

I had removed old wxsimlite forecast from last year - I had only kept the forecast from October 1 2016 and forward. I have now copied older forecasts back to the wxsimlite folder and now it seems to work.

How long back in time is need for wxsimlite?

Best regards,
Henrik

WXSIM-Lite only needs data going back a few weeks, but it is helpful to have older data, as well. Glad it’s working again, anyway! :slight_smile:

Tom