Saratoga Main Screen - Change to Max Wind Gust

How can I get the month and date to display on a separate line for Gust Month?

Thanks

Saratoga.JPG

You mean rather than take 2 lines to display the month gust get it to fit on 1 line? I’d like to know how to do that as well…

I use Scott’s alt dashboard and It seems instead of using the whole month, he cut it down. Instead of March, mine just says Mar. Mine fits all In one line, and I think the font size is a little smaller too.

The month and date on a separate line would work for me. I don’t remember what it looked like with, say, September. I’m not familiar with the alternate dashboard.

With the Base Saratoga ajax-dashboard.php (Version 1.26 - 12-Jan-2013), you can change

<td colspan="2" class="data1" align="center">
				  <?php langtrans('Gust Month'); ?>: <?php echo $mrecordwindgust. " $uomWind"; ?> 
                  <?php if(isset($mrecordhighgustday)) { ?>
				  <?php echo $monthname . " " . $mrecordhighgustday; ?> 
                  <?php } // $mrecordhighgustday ?>
				</td>

to

<td colspan="2" class="data1" align="center">
				  <?php langtrans('Gust Month'); ?>: <?php echo $mrecordwindgust. " $uomWind"; ?> 
                  <?php if(isset($mrecordhighgustday)) { ?>
				  <?php echo "
" . $monthname . " " . $mrecordhighgustday; ?> 
                  <?php } // $mrecordhighgustday ?>
				</td>

to have the month, day appear on a new line in the dashboard.

Pretty cool, Ken. As usual, I appreciate your help.

Mort

Ken, how about using NumberFormatter::ORDINAL, or maybe that’s more trouble than it’s worth with different languages?

That function has only been available in PHP 5 >= 5.3.0, and when I’d started the templates, PHP4 was commonly available. As such, I’ve stuck to fairly simple constructs in PHP to generally not require any special version to run the scripts. There’s still a lot of 5.2.17 based sites out there so that formatter function wouldn’t be available on them.

It has only been recently that a few scripts (global-map, quake-json, WU-forecast) used json_decode(), and that made the base PHP requirement at 5.3+ (which had a fixed version of the json_decode() function), otherwise, the rest of the scripts just needed PHP4+ for operation, and no locale other than a timezone specifier.

Then we have to worry about set_locale() and the myriad varieties to set the locale on different PHP installations – I just avoided it by doing simple translations as needed for the various languages supported by the template sets.

Makes sense, thanks :smiley: