Accurite 5 in 1 not Uploading data

I just installed Weather Display Live on my new Mac and it is not uploading weather data to Weather Underground or to the CWOP. Weather Underground shows the time since last updated as correct but the weather data is not correct. An example is the current temperate it showed for it was 59.6 when it has really dropped down to 55.6 . Same thing with wind humidity and everything all old data from my windows computer which is no longer connected to the internet. Has anyone else had this issue and if you have please let me know how to resolve it so I can get this fixed. Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way.

have you set up the settings needed to send the wunderground data in the mac version of WD runnning on your mac?

Yes I have all those setting fixed correctly. I am currently using Mac Ver 10.37Mac267. Not sure how it happened by this morning on its own it started reporting to Wunderground and CWOP. Only issue I see now is that it is sending a negative dew point data. Dew Point is not negative I have cross checked this with the local NWS office observations on their website.

Hi
the issue is the very low humidity reading of 3%
re the dew point issue

Hello. I just joined this forum today. I have tried a number of times over the past year to get my 5 in 1 1036c to work with Weather Display and have had no luck so I thought I would join and see if I can get some help from experienced users.

I am using a trial version of the software to see if I can get it to work,so my first question is, is the trial version limited in some way that would prevent my station from connecting?

I am using the latest version of Weather Display (downloaded today) and OS 10.10.5 Yosemite.

My Acurite is connected to my Mac via usb. Acuritedecodemac ver 1.2 is reading data but the decoded info in the lower window does not match the Acurite display. Weather Display is showing on my Mac, but no data is displayed. I have set the station type to Acurite and made a few basic adjustments e.g. metric measurements but left the rest of the settings at their defaults.

What am I doing wrong? This is the only software available for Mac and while it does far more than I need or want, it is the only game in town.

Basically I want to collect weather data, make monthly reports and print them. I don’t really care if my data is on-line, it is just for my own personal interest and amusement :smiley:

Thanks in advance!! I hope I get the arithmetic questions correct!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
what is showing in the separate acurite data reader running on your mac?

Hello Brian.
Thanks for the speedy reply!!

In the top window of the reader there are lines of what looks to me like hexadecimal data (to my untrained eye anyway). The display refreshes and adds a new set of data several times a minute. In a very short time you must scroll down to view the last data update.

In the bottom smaller window is a list of weather parameters. 2 barometer readings, one in hap the other in inches, then a type number, often 49, next is wind direction given as a number (degrees?) and finally windspeed in knots. And then the list just repeats itself, I’m guessing each time the top window adds another set of data.

what is showing for the raw barometer, etc?

Hi Brian. Here is the raw data from the bottom window.

I forgot to mention that the display is set to mode 3 to match the software

Raw Data
baro hpa 941.902
baro 27.814in
direction 270
type 56
windspeed 1.9 knots
temperature 43.7F
outdoor temp =6.5C
outdoor humidity 3
rain 228.3

Display Readings
Outdoor temp 7C
Outdoor humidity 78%
Barometer 1022 hpa
Windspeed 3kmph
Direction 250
Rain 170mm

Some of the raw data matches the display. Temp is okay, windspeed is close once converted, the rest don’t really match the display.

I hope this is what you are looking for.
Thanks

Hi
yes, that is what I am looking for
what do you have set as the barometer offset in WD ?

I have set no offsets at this point. I have been trying to get WD just to display information and wasn’t too concerned with accuracy. Does the barometer offset affect the ability of WD to display info from Acurite?

I have a feeling I should have replaced my old National Geographic with something similar and not this Acurite. It worked well for many years but parts starting aging and breaking with sun damage and the receiver/display unit started sounding alarms with no alarms set lol.

Hi
if you could .zip and email me the settings files
WDISPLAY.INI and wdisplayftp.ini
from /users/[yourusername]/Documents/wdisplay/

I will do some testing here

The files are on their way. I have had some partial improvement which I will explain in the email.
Thanks for all you help with this.

we got this working correctly now, latest WD Mac update :slight_smile: