I have jumped ship and entered into the Mac world

Try connecting it via a usb hub. I saw some comments on the silabs forum indicating that has worked for a some people at least.

that would be interesting to see if that works

I will give that hub a try tomorrow.

I am using a Keyspan USB-serial adaptor on El Capitan (10.11.3). It connects to a Davis VP2 data logger without a problem. Here is a link: http://www.tripplite.com/support/USA19HS

Prior to switching to the Keyspan adaptor, I was using a Prolific 2303 usb-serial adaptor but I could not get it working on El Capitan. After switching to the Keyspan, all was good.

I don’t have the Keyspan plugged into a usb hub although it may work in that configuration.

note that you will be using a serial data logger
as opposed to a usb data logger
yes?

Yes, I am using a serial data logger.

then there is no issues
the issue is when you are using a USB data logger on El Capitan

I am going to give that a try. I have a console which is IP and it is fine, I also have a serial logger with the serial/usb adaptor and an usb as well. Both are on Envoys. Neither of the latter show up on the network. I had been wondering that when the loggers were set up on a PC, something was injected onto the logger that is screwing with me.

We have the same computer OS. So… I am going to go with your recommendation and see what happens. with the USB logger and just let it sit out. I contacted Davis, and Jerry Loyd sent this which makes me think a lot of this could be with the logger. Of course I don’t have the PC as it is gone to PC heaven (behind the furnace ). I could also decide on getting a new logger . anyway, in case anyone else is having an issuef you used the data logger on a PC before you may need to hook it back up to a PC and do the following. We will need to change to virtual Serial, and here are the steps:

1. Go to Windows Explorer
  2. Go to the C:\ drive and then double click the WeatherLink folder
  3. Double click Support folder and then double click the Utilities folder
  4. Next double click on CP210X USB to Serial Converter
  5. A window will open prompting you to press a button to continue. Press Enter to continue and then Enter again when it prompts you to exit.
  6. Open WeatherLink and click on Setup and then Comm Port
  7. Select Serial and then click on Auto Detect. If it finds the station click OK and then OK on the Comm Port screen to save changes.
  8. Then connect to your Mac and it should work.

progress has been made. Wheeee
I got a new USB Hub that is Mac compatible. I also took the advice and got a new serial to usb connector,put that into the hub and it was recognized by both Weatherlink and Weather Display.

Now the task of getting the settings set back in place. One thing I am wondering is the setup for the webcam upload. I am not seeing that with the Mac version. Does that program send an ip camera image up?

That is the other problem i am working on is getting my IP cameras to cooperate with a app for the mac. Then it is tidying up around my desk.

To everyone with their suggestions, I do thank you.

Wheeee :smiley:

HI
Good u got data flowing
Are you now using a serial data logger?

Yes, I was able to use the same Envoy I was using before. I do have a question on the Mac program

1. The NOAA warning on the control panel page I can’t get it to open to activate that.
  2. Webcamcapture, does this program have a way to access the IP camera directly to upload it to the site?

No support for ip camera directly sorry
But maybe you can setup a cron curl job

ok

Another option for Davis/Mac users having this issue would probably be a switch to the belfryboy third party USB logger which doesn’t use the Silabs chip.

just a FYI
using a USB hub is a fix (maybe not in all cases) for a lock up problem when using a USB data logger and El Capitan OSX
(thanks to the tip from Niko)

Update. I shut down the computer , unplugged all the USB items. reinserted them, rebooted. Then loaded a fresh driver set for the USB. So far things are working to a point.

I saw that there was an update to the software, so I installed that. The rain portion of the Clientraw isn’t updating to the current values. They look fine in the program, but not updating the values. I looked at the time creation stamps of all the clientraw files and they are current, so the data isn’t being updated in the files.

try checking the clientraw.txt file with
http://www.tnetweather.com/wd-parser.php

well it looks good from the Parser and it looks good. but for some reason the Leuven Template is only taking up part of the data. So… I guess I will do some tweaking and see what damage it is doing.

there might be some spaces or data the tempate does not like…somewhere…