Pressing the Hide or Minmize button in R318 closes weather display down.(SOLVED)

Good morning

I’ve just installed R318 of Weather display and I see a Hide button has appeared. If I press it or the minimize button, Weather Display closes down. OS is Windows 10. I now have Weather Display sitting on top of other Open tabs in Firefox. What’s to do? Anyone else had an issue. I also have noticed in R. 317 that the reset at midnight doesn’t always happen.

its not closing down but instead being hidden in the windows system tray, bottom right hand corner
double click the icon there to make it visible again

not sure what you are meaning by the tab thing
I have windows 10 but do not see anything like that here

Hi Brian

It’s definitely disappearing and there is no icon to double click on after Weather Display is minimized. I’ve never had this problem before in years! When I’ve finished this message, I’m going to restart the computer. Ignore the tab thing, that was my mistake!

Hi Brian

I must admit, this one had me fooled. Yes what has happened is that hiding or minimizing WD had been sending it to an Icon on the task bar that runs all the way along the main window, but just to the left of the network status icon there’s the upward facing chevron which opens another box. It was in there as a mini icon with a lightning flash on it with WDL highlighted when you hover over this icon. Why it’s gone tothis box I don’t know, but anyway, that’s solved! I’ll keep an eye on the midnight reset of data. Brian. Thanks for your help.

I suspect you have windows set to hide icons in the system tray
you can unset that

Brian, any way to disable the auto-hide ‘feature’? Mine works as it should using the button, but I think having the window open or closed should be up to the user.

Thanks.

I am confused
there is no auto hide about the new hide button (which is not actually new, WD used to have it a long time ago)
its not auto…it only hides WD if you click on it

Mine hides WD around midnight every night. It started with 318, now running 319.

Thanks.

most likely you have set to have WD minimised at midnight…under help, about

Was unaware of that option. Checked and it is NOT ticked. Again, this started with 318 and it has never happened before.

Thanks.

I am not able to duplicate that here in testing