I have jumped ship and entered into the Mac world the evil IP camera

Now that I have the weather station sort of behaving ,it is time to move on to the next part of the transition. The IP camera

To summarize: my PC was working fine then the boot sector failed and the rescue disks were no good. So my wife got me a new computer. Because I have an iPad air and an iPhone 6plus, it made sense to go with an iMac all in one with 4k Retina.

That unit is using El Capitan for the OS.

I have a herd of IP cameras. I have Foscam FI 9826PV2; 9826W; C1; 9831P V2

I had been using Blue Iris and for a PC it works fine,but there is none for the Mac OSX. I am trying to find a program that all will show up and so far the pickings are poor. Does anyone have suggestions.

I can use Foscam’s multiple windows as that is a browser deal, but I would like to have something else.

I have used 2 different programs here…ImageCaster and SightHound.

I have used Evocam and IPCamera2 for my ip cams. Happy with both of them.

Mike

and they work with Foscam?

http://www.evological.com/cameras.html - includes yours

Thank you . i am off to IP land . :roll:

I am sure that evolcam does and I believe that IPcam also listed Foscam. I very much doubt you will have a problem, and of course there is always the free trial.

Mike

I appreciate the evocam, but it doesn’t work for me.

I did find I had to experiment with the camera ‘drivers’ I ended up using camera selections from another manufacturer. Indeed I found that a couple of manufactureres worked for my no name camera from ebay. Might be worth a play.

Mike

Things are better . I found a program UNETCAMS on the Mac Apps and it is working right now. So I am happy . i need to explore that a bit to see what else it does.