Meteotemplate - new free website template

Could we not just use current conditions from the station for a ‘Clothes Drying Now’ index?
Admittedly not great if you put your clothes out and then it rains in 5 minutes but you can’t have everything!

That would be useless… what you are interested is what the weather will be like in the upcoming hours… it tells you it is nice now, you go out, hang all your clothes outside and it starts raining in 10 minutes :smiley: (especially in the UK, I know that the weather can change very rapidly :D)

Hi guys,

Twitter is celebrating 10 years of existence today! So let

Hi guys,

a new plugin is now available. This plugin allows you to compare your data with any METAR station or WU station for a specified day. This can be very useful not just to see how the data from your station differs to some other, but also in terms of data quality check if there is for example some professional METAR station nearby.

Main features:

• raw data from your station and station to be compared with
  • detailed statistical analysis (including correlations, averages, covariance, skewness etc)
  • interactive graphs (including some new types which were never available in the template so far, for example boxplots).
  • sortable tables
  • direct export to PNG, JSON, TXT, XLS, SQL etc.
  • easy METAR station selection based on country and place
  • all units converted based on Meteotemplate user settings

Installation is easy; all you have to do is set the default location in the settings file.

Just a few things to note.

In the calendar you choose the day of interest. The data is taken from Weather Underground, which aggregates data always by days. This means, that if for example you choose March 23, 2016, it will load all the values for that particular station available at WU server. Then, it will find the time difference between your station and the station chosen for comparison and load data from the database which correspond to that interval. In other words, if for example there is a 5 hour difference, it would not take values from midnight till midnight for both stations, but it will take whatever is available for the remote station and then choose the appropriate data from the database, which might also span to the previous or next day. The point of this is that the two data points should always correspond to the same point in time.

Another thing to note is that unfortunately, the more I worked on this plugin, the more I realized how inconsistent WU is. Different stations report different parameters, use different units, different headers etc etc. I have tried to test as many as possible and make the appropriate adjustments in the code (which is many therefore over 6000 lines long for each of the scripts), but it is of course possible that some stations might still cause problems. It will always try to show all the available parameters and hide the ones that are N/A.
I added the new strings in the Translations section so the plugin can be fully localized.

Enjoy

Jachym

Demo: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/stationCompare/index.php
Download/documentation: http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/plugins/stationCompare.php

Hi guys,

it is now necessary to get an API key and authorize for the Yahoo weather forecast and unfortunately for some reason I get an

AAAAAAAAA

so thats why i was searching for nothing and it wasnt working… #-o

as usual no warning this was happening by yahoo and I cannot find any link to get an api key on there site, and its not just your template that is effected

Fix the banner and I made some changes so the rest should be working now too. Question is how long it will take before they make some further changes…

Nice Saturday afternoon guys,

another block is now available. I know this was something lot of you asked, but I wanted to make sure it is the way I wanted it to be, so it took a little longer to make. This new block allows you to place interactive, fully responsive, auto-updating gauges.

Main features:

• select which gauges you want to display and their order (temp, feels like temp, humidity, pressure, wind speed, gust, solar radiation, daily precipitation, UV, wind direction)
  • units automatically chosen based on template settings
  • several designs - template colors, dark, light, black, white, retro
  • configurable gauge limits and tick intervals
  • many options for gauge display (enable/diable titles, show/hide actual values, draw background underlay, enable/disable gauge glow/shadow, choose gauge animation type, enable/disable 3D effect)
  • fully responsive - The gauges will auto-align based on screen size - this also means you can pretty much place it in any column width and the user can even themselves zoom in/out
  • lightweight for faster loading and possibility to display directly on homepage

Enjoy

To set up you can also simply copy your settings from the current block, it uses the same code, all explained in settings.php as always.

And that is about it, ohhh, “one more thing” :smiley: I have a feeling the mango is getting slightly overripened and so maybe time for eating it and getting a different fruit soon what do you think :wink:

Examples

all the bells and whistles anyone could possibly want now :slight_smile:

Theres a problem with the compass in the gauges block…

180 degrees offset

if wind is north,it points south :wink:

Also,in the Current block, theres an error too with the wind direction ICON under the wind …Arrow points south but wind is north

same problem on my friends site :wink: www.meteostalphonse.com/caplan/index.php

arrow.jpg

Others having this problem with the wind direction ?..

The gauges on the Live gauge plugins are working correctly btw :wink:

Ive found a way to temporary fix it but,…in this way,i only have a straight line instead of a nice arrow

and…its not so cute hehehe

replace this (in gaugesBlock,php) around line 2040
needle: {
type: ‘line’,
end: 90,
start: 65,
width: 12,
circle: {
size: 0,
inner: false,
outer: true
}

with this…

needle: {
type: ‘line’, // arrow,line
end: 0,
start: -60,
width: 8,
circle: {
size: 8,
inner: true,
outer: true
}

:?

Hi,

there was a bug in the gauges, which I realized very soon and immediately updated the download file. Carl you were probably too fast and downloaded the original version. Just download the current file.

The current block shows the arrow correctly, you show arrow in the direction the wind blows.

Just a little funny story how that bug arised :smiley: I was testing the languages and so I switched to Czech. Now, just by coincidence, the abbreviation for North in Czech is “S” :smiley: I then forgot that the rest is in Czech, just looked at the “S” and it corresponded to my Current block, which used English, so I exchanged S with N :smiley:

Hi guys,

nice Sunday afternoon and Im glad you like the (literally) easter egg :D. Just a few updates and one simple new block for the weekend :slight_smile:

New Block - Ozone Forecast

Probably no need to explain this any further as the title is quite self-explanatory. There is no need to set up anything, the forecast is based on satellite data (data source temis.nl - permission granted for Meteotemplate users) and your co-ordinates set in config.php.

Block update - Gauges 2.0

I always consider all feedback you provide me and questions I get. The gauges seem to have very positive feedback, but lot of you already suggested some new features and there was a little bug that needed to be fixed. I therefore quickly incorporated those changes and there are now several new options.

Here is a brief summary of new stuff:

• possibility to show gauge for dew point
  • possibility to show the compass using the same type of gauge as the other ones (normal needle)
  • possibility to enable/disable compass gauge title separately (as it does not look good with the line needle)
  • possibility to show time of last update - just like the current block - at the top
  • possibility to limit the UV gauge to a maximum 11 instead of the default 20
  • now compatible with the Current block so they can be used along each other on the homepage
  • bug fix for the compass (wind direction gauge), which was showing direction shifted by 180

Hi Jachym,

I have tried several combinations of inch measurement settings for the gaugesBlock rain gauge, but can not find a combination that spaces out properly.
Also can a one or two place decimal be added to the major ticks.

// Rain gauge
	$maxLimitMM = 50; // maximum value when units set to mm
	$maxLimitCM = 5; // maximum value when units set to cm
	$maxLimitIN = 2; // maximum value when units set to inches
	$majorTickIntervalMM = 5; // interval between the numbers on the gauge (major ticks) when units set to mm
	$majorTickIntervalCM = 0.5; // interval between the numbers on the gauge (major ticks) when units set to cm
	$majorTickIntervalIN = 0.2; // interval between the numbers on the gauge (major ticks) when units set to inches
	$minorTickCountR = 2; // number of minor ticks between each major tick interval

The default settings produce a strange line 0.0 0.? 0.? 1.0 1.2 1.4 1.6 1.8 2.0 2.4 2.6 2.8
Looks like a 0 tick or two is missing.

Please check what is necessary to correct this.
http://www.halethorpeweather.com/meteo/index.php

Thanks,
Gus

precipation.gif

Hi Gus,
I see, this is not ideal, I will change it in the next update, but I will already give you a solution how to solve this:

In your settings try this:

// Rain gauge
$maxLimitMM = 50; // maximum value when units set to mm
$maxLimitCM = 5; // maximum value when units set to cm
$maxLimitIN = 2; // maximum value when units set to inches
$majorTickIntervalMM = 5; // interval between the numbers on the gauge (major ticks) when units set to mm
$majorTickIntervalCM = 0.5; // interval between the numbers on the gauge (major ticks) when units set to cm
$majorTickIntervalIN = 0.2; // interval between the numbers on the gauge (major ticks) when units set to inches
$minorTickCountR = 5; // number of minor ticks between each major tick interval

But then, what you also need to do:
In the gaugesBlock.php

Somewhere around line 130, there is this:

$rainGaugeTicks = array(0);
	$current = 0;
	while($current<$rainGaugeMax){
		$current = $current + $majorTickIntervalR;
		$rainGaugeTicks[] = round($current);
	}

So add an extra “1” as shown below:

$rainGaugeTicks = array(0);
	$current = 0;
	while($current<$rainGaugeMax){
		$current = $current + $majorTickIntervalR;
		$rainGaugeTicks[] = round($current,1);
	}

See if that helps

The rain gauge scale looks much better. :smiley:
http://www.halethorpeweather.com/meteo/index.php
Thanks,
Gus

precipation2.gif

Hi guys,

happy Easter Monday and time for another template update!

Introducing Meteotemplate 5.0 Kiwi.

This new version adds several new features and a few bug fixes. The main new thing is a brand new section for mobile devices. This is in a sense a stripped down version of your entire page, which contains the most important pages optimized specifically for smaller screens. Font sizes, table layout, graph layouts

Thanks for the new Version!
Upgrade went smoothly.
One thing with the Mobile page is that the fonts are really small in portrait mode on my phone (using the current and forecast blocks). They scale and look better in Landscape mode but are a bit too small for me in Portrait.
Anyway to increase them for just the mobile page?