Inspeed Vortex Spikes Return

Brian you probably don’t remember but in past beta’s you added a spike detection feature which fixed an issue i was having with gust spikes using the inspeed vortex. This worked great for many month’s but a few beta’s ago the problem has returned and i’m getting spikes everyday now. I’m wondering could you have a look and see has something changed that has disabled the feature?

Cheers

Mike

I have not changed anything specificly to do with this code, but some other timing changes in other parts of the code might have an effect…but its hard to know where in the code
maybe you could use the version that was working OK ?
one thing I can do is to add a check against the max speed limit you can adjust in the limits setup

I’m not sure exactly which version was working ok but i would have a good idea going on the timings of when the spikes starting returning . I presume no problems to go back to earlier beta’s, zips?

If you could add the check it would be handy, At least i wouldn’t have to adjust the all time Max if the spike exceeds the value

As an update i did return to version 281 and still having issues.

Its getting a bit of a pain adjusting values each day. :?

Hi Brian,

I am using the Inspeed Vortex with WD version 313 and have the same daily wind spikes as mentioned by Mick here.

He is now running an older version (294 I think) which has cured his issue.

This started happening for me some versions ago - but I’m not sure when.

Is there anything that could be done to regarding this problem?

Andy

are you sure he is using build 294?
(if so then maybe you could test that version)

Hi Brian,

It was actually version 293, looking back at his message.

I would like to test just to see if it does solve the problem.

Where can I find this version?

Andy

you would to get that version off him

Not sure if Andy still has these issues but i have been running version 313 over a week now with no spikes.

Hi Mike,

I think my wind spikes are probably not related to WD.

My Anemometer board failed last week which seems to be a voltage / wiring issue in some way!

Andy