Meteotemplate - new free website template

Hi,
well there are several methods of retrieving the token I think one of them is that you only create one app - you do that as a developer - and then the user simply authorizes the app once in a browser and then, your app can access their data

Hi,
location/forecast: yes this can happen if the automatic location detection fails, in such case you would have to use hard coding and particular URL. I can do that for you if you send me a link to the WU site of the location you want to use.

warnings: I would need to see the page, I tried the link to your page here on the forum, but on your homepage I could not find any link to Meteotemplate :smiley: So I guess you are hiding it and keeping it to yourself :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Can you send me a link?

Hi Jachym
I take it the link in my post timed out

I do not have the template on the main website as I was unable to talk to the separate database server with the files on the web server and was unable to set it up, a dedicated server will cost more per month assuming I could have the database on it, this on top of what I already pay.

wunderground link

Harold

Hi,
thats fine, but if you want I could try to see what was the problem with the database.

Well in that case, with regards to the warnings, since it normally works, it is basically impossible for me to try to diagnose the problem unless you try to see if you could find some more info as to why it is not working, some PHP error or JS error… try opening the page directly → homepage/blocks/warningsEU/warningsEUBlock.php and see what it tells you then.

I will get that WU link for you tomorrow, it might take a bit longer to me so I will try tomorrow

Hi Jachym
I tried the direct link as suggested and that showed the warning ok so that makes it even more mysterious, this implies it should be working will look further tomorrow if I get a chance

would I be correct in thinking the link will be in the forecastAjax.php line 147 or have I got it wrong

will check back some time tomorrow

thanks
Harold

ok in that case it means you must have specified the name of the warning block incorrectly in the index.php.

Since exactly this already happened to a different user, my guess is you have entered “warnings” for the name, but remember you must specify the exact namespace of the block, which in this case is “warningsEU” so you want to check that.

I will post the link for forecast here tomorrow, unfortunately I have to go to bed earlier today (fingers crossed, my first PhD exam tomorrow :slight_smile: so look here tomorrow.

good luck with the exam ! :slight_smile:

Dont mix php with phd tomorrow :wink:

Hi Harold,

so for your WU URL, hard-code this:

http://api.wunderground.com/api/YOUR_API_KEY/forecast10day/q/uk/Snaefell-Isle.json

Use this for the URL, it should be line 147 in homepage/blocks/forecast/forecastAjax.php

This line:

$urlWU = "http://api.wunderground.com/api/".$wuAPI."/forecast10day/q/".$stationCountry."/".$wuCity.".json";

so change the URL to that hard-coded one (include your api key of course)

Thanks Brian, I got an A :slight_smile: And I also must thank all of you because you helped me with it :smiley: I practice English by writing here, writing the wiki and basically doing all this in English and also these days, on average about once in 2 days I provide support to one of you by actually discussing it on Skype, so that way I even practice talking :slight_smile:

Hi Jachym
the warnings name was wrong ok now thanks

have put the hard code in the forecastAjax.php as your posted and that works ok thanks

congrats on passing your exam

just tried viewing my version 4 http://ballaugh.no-ip.biz:2082/template2/index.php on my iPhone using 4g and it load ok
not sure why it times out

Thanks and Im glad it works! I am now currently working on the responsiveness but it will take a bit of time, since I never did this before and I was concentrating on the exam. I will work on it over the weekend. I think I am making some progress already and using the online simulators for mobile devices it should look much better.

Another idea for a block…

RSS Block and we would only enter the link of the RSS feed :wink:

Each rss feed has a different structure

ahh well :?

Hi guys,

New minor version upgrade. The update should only take you a few seconds. Main new feature is related to the styling and especially making the page responsive and better displayed on mobile devices and smaller screens.
There is also a brand new block and one updated plugin.

Meteotemplate 4.1 Mango

NEW

One more thing I forgot to add:

when updating the blocks, always use all the new files, but you can keep your settings.php, that did not change so you do not have to set up anything again!
Modify message

Hi Jachym
have updated to 4.1 and all the blocks
only problem I had after doing the settings files was the warningsEUregions this failed to load but I found the folder had a name of warningsEURegions and the warningsEUregionsBlock.php file in the folder had Namespace of warningsEUregions as soon as the folder name was corrected it worked

looks ok on ipad and have attached images of iPhone

Harold

God… that menu and header is awful… the problem is… thanks to Tom, I was able to test this on several Android and Apple devices… none of them showed this behavior so this really is problematic because it looks like every single device behaves differently. My guess is that this is probably only usable on higher-end phones and tablets. Phones with really low resolution just cannot display such large page with so many features. I would still recommend creating a mobile version for very small screens, I will actually make it and write instructions how to automatically redirect users with so small screens, so if you want you can just wait, I hope it should be ready in a few days.

The screens you posted look nothing like what Tom sent me (screenshots from various APple and Android tablets/smartphones), so I guess this could be an issue with maybe an older version of Safari… I guess the only solution will really be a dedicated mobile page.

we have an Ipad and older and newer iphones here (the kids ones) and I have an android phone…(5 inch display)
so I can do some testing too…what URL?