Sunrise Sunset no longer update in testtags.php file

If I go to View Panel >Sun Moon Rise/Set I see the following:

Date: 10/2/2016
Sunrise at:
07:33

Sunset at:
17:42

The above is correct. However my testtags.php file shows the following information:

$sunrise = ‘7:36’
$sunset = ‘17:39’
$hoursofpossibledaylight = ‘10:03’
$changeinday = ‘00:02:54’

Which are all incorrect. It looks like it is stuck with information that is 2 or 3 days old.

Hugh

Looking at wxstatus.php on your website shows

Weather-Display realtime NOT Current 0:32:11 > 0:00:15 10/02/2016 14:43
Weather-Display FTP NOT Current 0:36:00 > 0:05:15 10/02/2016 14:39
Weather-Display weather data NOT Current 35:20:54 > 0:05:15 09/02/2016 03:55

So WD has likely stopped processing your c:\wdisplay\webfiles\testtags.txt file and is uploading a ‘stale’ testtags.php to your site.

I suggest you shutdown and restart WD and see if that fixes the issue. Always look at wxstatus.php when the data looks questionable… it can
give you the status of your FTP and internal date of the testtags.php file for data currency.

Rebooted WD and it now appears to be working.

Thank you very much for the tip re the wxstatus.php file. I had no idea that it existed.

Hugh

The change to daylight savings time has introduced an error in the $changeinday variable in the testtags.php file.

The other variables having to do with daylight are correct. The variables are:

$sunrise = ‘7:35’ (this is correct)
$sunset = ‘19:19’(this is correct)
$hoursofpossibledaylight = ‘11.54’(this is correct)
$changeinday = ‘-00:56:44’ (This is the error)

I suspect the error will correct itself tomorrow. However, I thought I would point it out in case you wanted to fix the code.

Hugh

what does that value normally look like?

Mine is 00:04:43 (still 2 weeks until summer time here) so I am guessing Hugh’s would be 00:03:16 adding an hour to the value he is seeing.

I believe Martyn is right.

Instead of

$changeinday = ‘-00:56:44’

the correct time would be

$changeinday = ‘00:03:16’

That is, it is exactly one hour off. I’m pretty sure this was caused by the change over to Daylight Savings time which occurred yesterday.

Hugh

ah, so the good ol day light saving time issue
maybe the script can be changed to just ignore an out of range value instead of error out completly ?

I don’t know that it’s worth spending the time to fix but I thought you would like to know about it.

Hugh

I will look into checking for this occuring for that tag for the next update

I have a new update ready that you could test re this particular problem

Downloaded the update.

Now it is working correctly.

Thanks,

Hugh