updating gauges...

Brian had made a change Mark - http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/61297

Yes, but my question still stands, if the raw data supplied by a VP is only to 2dp, where is this extra precision coming from?

As far as I can see the gauges are working fine, they report down to 0.01 in/h, anything below that is displayed as zero.

One for Brian to answer Mark, certainly if you look at post #23 in this thread the screen shots from Steve show WD main screen displaying 3 dp for rain rate in inches). My rain rate in mm has always shown to 2 dp on WD main screen. Currently 0.65mm/hr even though rain totals are only 1 dp so there is extra precision coming from rain rate calculations in WD.

is the problem only occuring for those using the davis console rain rate?

Ok Brian. Have unticked use Davis Vp2 rain rate and saved it. Will monitor ssg rain rate.

Cheers.
Steve

has increasing the number of decimal places helped?

The ssg rain rate gauge was still going back to 0 when it was still raining.
waiting for decent rain now that ive unticked use Davis console rain rate.

Steve

Jumping in with my opinion here…

Since clientraw.txt’s rain rate is always current, isn’t this an issue with WD’s processing of customclientrawlocal.txt into customclientraw.txt? The SSG AJAX updates of all other parameters are always spot on, so I think that somehow WD ‘forgets’ the current rain rate when it creates customclientraw.txt. When the rain rate actually changes, WD again reports this new rain rate but WD promptly ‘forgets’ this new rate as well so the rain rate drops back to zero until the next change in rain rate. The SS Gauges only report the data they’re given.

I’ve noticed this problem with customclientraw.txt since I first installed the SSG, Brian.

note that customclientraw uses a custom tag for rain rate…%currentrainratehr%
in any case, the problem was that it needed to be 3 decimal places…to handle the low numbers when its raining light…which it is now in the latest version update
(the clientraw.txt has 3 decimal places)
and the other problem is when you selected to use davis console rain rate…there is a bug with then using that custom tag that will be fixed in the next WD update

new .zip update ready to fix an issue if you had selected to use the davis VP rain rate

Thanks much, Brian! I’ll give it a go.

Unfortunately using the latest b308 zip caused my current conditions icon and text to go to ‘night time’ during the day here! :frowning: I’ve reverted back to the version you posted on 2016 Jan 09, Brian, and it gives the correct icon/conditions in both clientraw.txt and testtags.php.

that is strange that its doing that

what shows in the wdisplay.ini file for
[WS2000]
Solar sensor new=

it looks like the latest update is not calculating the sunrise/set correctly

investigating

turned out to be a bad compile #-o :oops:
(I had cancelled a full build and that had caused some corruption)

build 309 .zip update ready now ,to fix the problem with the sunrise/set

Indeed! I installed b308 from 2016 Jan 9 and the current conditions were correct. Then I reinstalled the latest version and got the same result which is ‘off by one’, i.e. the icon called for ‘1’ instead of ‘0’. Reverting to the Jan 9 version again corrected the problem.

Edit: I see in another thread that you found the problem. I’ll install b309. Thanks!

Ok, downloaded the very latest version and re ticked use Vp rain rate. Will monitor it

Cheers
Steve.

Ok. Checked during recent rain events and couldn’t see any issues with the gauge going back to zero. Still have use Vp2 rain rate ticked so it must have been the bug you found Brian.
Thanks to all.

Steve.

Good to know! Thanks, Brian & Steve. =D>