'current_weather_desc': Saved anywhere other than clientraw.txt? (data too long

I have WD feeding MySQL DB on a remote server, which has worked well for several years. Over time I have updated MySQL to 5.1 → 5.5 → 5.6 as an in-place upgrade. Recently I migrated to a different host for the MySQL DB server, and did so via mysqldump → import.

Previously the ‘current_weather_desc’ field would be truncated to the default 20 chars but after migrating I regularly get errors in wdmysql that the data for ‘current_weather_desc’ is too long. I have increased the size of this field to 32 from 20 in the MySQL database, but I still received these errors. I expect that the new DB has ‘strict_sql’ set to true, which would result in the error (rather than truncation) but I have not yet checked.

Is ‘current_weather_desc’ stored in any other WD data or log files, or is only the current value written to the clientraw.txt? I would like to get a better estimate of proper size to expand this field rather than arbitrarily playing wack-a-mole and if I can check the values historically it would be helpful.

Alternately, does anyone else have suggestions on the size to which they’ve expanded this field in their MySQL DBs?

https://www.tnetweather.com/wdparserold/?p=wdparserold

If it’s in the client raw file then you can view it either locally or use the TNet site to read your file and see all it contains.

Thanks, but I am looking for something other than the clientraw, which only contains the current values.

I am trying to get an idea of how large to increase the current_weather_desc field, and for that I need to check the historical values to find the largest. I already increased it to 32 and that is still apparently too small.

If I’m not sitting in front of WD and watching the wdmysql window, I won’t know when a too-large value appears and won’t be able to check the clientraw to determine the length. The only message is that the string is too long for the field, with no other details. These seem to often happen overnight.

From searching the forum I know several others have had the same issue, and there was at least one other similar question that went unanswered.

Sorry, I should have slowed down and read what you were asking…

One idea is create your own log file…I think WD has the ability to create a user defined log file and may even allow you to specify save interval. I messed with it a long time ago and I’m pretty sure you can log any tag from WD.