Rain / Fog overide icons not working

Just recently (possibly since last update or so?) I have noticed that when it rains, the rain icons are not showing but remain on the METAR. I have the settings to overide the Metar etc when it rains ticked and thresholds are no diffferent to what I have used for past 4 years. In the past rain / fog icons have not been a problem having worked fine. I am using a TFA Nexus station. Any ideas what may be wrong. Thanks Graeme

I am also experiencing a similar issue here… I have “Your stations rain/wind/fog overrides the Metar” UNCHECKED (Meaning I want the Metar conditions text and icon). I tested turning override on to see if my stations rain would update the icon, and it didnt.

Metar text currently shows “Overcast - Rain; Mist”. Icon for Metar shows the rain, but image being uploaded to my webpage shows partly cloudy icon.

Im using R306 from 12/20. (Was also happening with R305)

Metar says:
ISLIP LONG ISLAND MAC ART, NY, United States (KISP) 40-48N 073-06W 43M
Dec 22, 2015 - 12:26 PM EST / 2015.12.22 1726 UTC
Wind: from the SSW (200 degrees) at 10 MPH (9 KT) gusting to 21 MPH (18 KT):0
Visibility: 1 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: overcast
Weather: rain; mist
Precipitation last hour: 0.01 inches
Temperature: 55.9 F (13.3 C)
Dew Point: 54.0 F (12.2 C)
Relative Humidity: 93%
Pressure (altimeter): 29.95 in. Hg (1014 hPa)
ob: KISP 221726Z 20009G18KT 1SM R06/4000VP6000FT RA BR OVC003 13/12 A2995 RMK AO2 RAB11 P0001 T01330122
cycle: 17

I just noticed if I unchecked the “Use extra weather conditions from downloaded Metar” and checked “Use METAR codes instead of weather description to update the icons from the Metar” that the icon appears to start working correctly. It does work correctly in b81 though.

What is included in “extra weather conditions”?

@Mantula
its not all that clear, but I take it that you are using the latest version?

Hi Brian,

I am using the current version, but I think the problem may have started on R305. As I mentioned previously, this has never been a problem before. I have tried various changes to the METAR setting etc (which seem to work fine). The wind overide seems ok. Any rain or fog however does not change the icon; although it is recorded.

Graeme

there was a change in how the last 24 hour rain data is calculated for an Irox station
due to a reported problem with rain last 24 hour graph on WDL

try this update and see how that goes

Can you point me to the update please.