baro offset

I know this has been asked before, many times, but I’ve not found the answer. I have an unwanted baro offset of nearly 40 hPa and I simply cannot get rid of it. I’ve tried every which way to do so (several hours). And, yes, I.ve tried inserting the wanted offset of 0.0, using the slider to 0.0, the manual input, pressed the Set button and the Yes button, all to no avail. Re-entering the offset screen and it’s always back to the unwanted offset.

I’ve also tried Barooffset in wdisplay.ini, but it is correct at =00 and Barooffsetactual gives =0.0 mb/0.000 in, which seems correct.

Where have I gone astray, please?

2015-12-26_103725.png

2015-12-26_104100.png

the baro offset is 0 in your screen shots

the selecter, where you can scroll to select and click on the baro offset needed, starts at -40
maybe that is where the confusion is

Thanks, you are quite right, but if I scroll it down to zero or any other figure, press Set, then Yes, it does not reset. Opening the same screen again will show it back to ~-38 mbar. On the WD screen, it currently shows my pressure at 1060.5 hPa, which is ridiculously high and on WDL it does not even register the value (see attachment). I’ve literally spent hours trying to sort this out by every which way.

2015-12-27_120945.png

the numbers to the left of the scroll selector is what is your actual baro offset
(i.e zero)
the scroll selector always starts at -40 no matter what

if the barometer reading in WD is too high then set a barometer offset to bring that down
e.g -10

you can use the manual entry…(no units) much easier than using the scroll selector

Just my $0.02 but if he has a VP, no baro offset, and WD is showing a different value than the console then there’s something very funky happening.

it could be that he has set to use QFE barometer, in the units setup, barometer settings

I wondered about QFE, but the box isn’t checked in the Universal Setup screenshot in the first post :?

Have now sorted the problem by a complete re-installation from scratch! Thanks to all!