Rainwise MK3 & Logger CC3000

Brian
i had though of that, but not possible, still, the offer stands if you want oa access my Ma remotely as before.

Keith

we could try that then
ideally would be via a virtual com port connection
which version of WD are you running ?

Brian
just downloaded and installed WD for Mac as released on 27th July. i have no idea what a virtual comm port is, or how to allow connection… i have Team Viewer, i will email the login details now.

Keith

so its on the mac that you are having the problem with the history data
the older original version works for this though yes (i.e you could use that in the mean time)?

if only rainwise could come through with them saying they are going to send me a data logger
I wil give them another month before contacting them again

Brian
one;y have WD on a Mac. don’t have access to a PC with WD on it. None of the Mac versions have worked.

Keith

I thought that the s version worked?

Brian
none of the versions for Mac have worked, and i no longer have access to a windows based PC.

keith

this older version?
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplay.dmg
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaynew.dmg
instead of the latest versino

(note the weatherd executable name)
(and we are talking about the data history download, yes?)

Brian
None of those work, and yes, we are talking about the data history download. just to confirm, i start using a Mac in Jan ion this year, and no version has ever worked.

Keith

if rainwise could send me a spare data logger like they said they would it would be so much easier for me to get this to work
but now that you have sent me your remote desktop details…when I get some spare time, I will check on that so can see first hand how it all flows
(will need at the time to get the latest remote info)

Brian
email send with Team Viewer logon details.

Keith

Brian
any update on this?

Keith

Hi Keith, Brian,

Not sure if this will be any help at all. I am using WD version 10.37S Build 24 on an iMac with El Capitan OS and WD is operating fairly well. I have a RainWise MKIII-LR with the cc-3000 and it is communicating ok. If it helps I have placed a zip file here www.medfieldweather.com/download/WeatherD.zip. Data logger is capturing data as expected, screenshot shows some data from today. Hope it helps.

Paul

Paul
data is being received, but when i start WD, the historic data is not being uploaded/downloaded/extracted, so i am missing chunks of weather info.
does yours download/upload/extract data from the cc3000 when you start WD? be interesting to know.
also, when i enter the logger from Control Panel, Data Logger, i cannot control any of the functions, i.e.

1. Set time/data fails to work
  2. find out logging interval does show any info
  3. Toggle to next… does not work
  4. View current rain data fails to display any info
  5. clear logged data does not work.
    if you switch on ‘Extract at Startup’ nothing ids extracted and you cannot close the data logger window using the OK button.

Keith

i have tried WD on 3 variants of Mac OS, all with the same results.

Hi Keith, I misread the issue you had described. Sorry, I thought I had some helpful info.

I agree, I see similar results when selecting those options. Setting to extract data on startup appeared to work somewhat, in the screenshot below. The switch indicates OFF even though it did wake up the logger and retrieve data. And the panel promptly closed when it was finished.

I have reached out to RainWise in the past when I first started using the cc3000 a few of years ago and they agreed they would help out Brian. Seems like there is a continued lack of communication between the two. Maybe if you and I, and anyone else who uses a RainWise cc30000 with WD can contact RainWise and ask them to help out here. They may be reluctant to if they are contracted with other software developers though. All we can do is try.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul
you are clearly having greater success than I, i get no data at all when i open up WD. i believe Brian has attempted to seek help from Rainwise, but i also suspect i am not flavour of the month with them, as i have had a number of faults with my system, that i expressed my unhappiness at for having to pay for replacement parts, shipping and import duty. they don’t talk with much now.

keith

Paul
i also note that your logger iOS different from mine, in that you have a button saying test extraction. i have attached a picture to show what i mean.

I have re emailed rainwise…the last time I heard from them was back in May
not a good look really

Thanks Brian, I appreciate your efforts.

Brian
i too appreciate your efforts. again i will make the offer to allow remote access to my machine of needed.

Keith