WXSIMLite error 62, Input Past End of File

Hello,

I am getting error no.62, Input past end of file when trying to run WXSIMLite. After I click OK on the error msg dialog, WXSIMlite dos not run.

Any Ideas please?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Marian

Hi Marian,

Does WXSIM-Lite get started on the analysis, and then stop on some particular date, or does it just not even boot up?

Tom

Hi Tom,

Does not even boot up :confused:

Any ideas please?

Thank you,

Marian

I think it’s likely a corruption of one of these two files:

wxlini.txt
sitelist.txt

First, see if they exist, and if there’s anything in them. If they are corrupted or missing, I can certainly get you set back up. Let me know what you find! :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom,

sitelist.txt does exist and contains:

0,4923,1861,15,311,30,103,Bytca,“D:\wxsim”,“d:\wdisplay\logfiles”,“D:\wxsim\wxsimlitedata”
1,3365,-8442,-75,315,74,101,Atlanta,“D:\wxsim”,“d:\wdisplay\logfiles”,“D:\wxsim\wxsimlitedata”

Think that is ok.

wxlini.txt does exist, but it is zero bytes.

Thank you for your time and help.

Marian

I also started getting this error a couple of days ago. I thought it would work itself out, but it has not. The program will not load, I get the same error as soon as I click on the icon, or it tries to auto-start. I also have the two files, with zero bytes for wxlini.txt, and sitelist.txt has
0,4009,-7610,-75,144,53,98,New Holland,“c:\wxsim”,“\WEATHER-PC\wdisplay\logfiles”,“c:\wxsim\wxsimlitedata”
1,3365,-8442,-75,315,74,101,Atlanta,“c:\wxsim”,“\WEATHER-PC\wdisplay\logfiles”,“c:\wxsim\wxsimlitedata”

Tom, could you please have a look?

Thanx in advance.

Marian

Hi Marian,

Sorry for the slow response - it was a busy week! :frowning:

wxlini.txt should not have zero bytes. Is that still the case?

Also, I wonder how New Holland got in there as your site instead of Bytca! Is that still what your sitelist says? You can change it manually back to what you posted earlier.

I’m attaching a wxlini.txt file which you can use to at least get the program started again, but the settings are probably different from what you had (you can change them back through the program).

Let me know what happens!

Tom

wxlini.txt (282 Bytes)

Hi Tom,

there are two of us with the problem. There is no New Holland in my settings :wink:

Thank you, I will try your file.

Marian

Ran across this post, as I was having the same issue.
I fixed parts of the problem by copying over all the customized files that I received for my location. WXSIM starts up OK.
However I can’t access the ‘settings’, It just halts with the the same error ‘input past…’?

Audun

If we are talking about WXSIM-Lite, the menu item to access is “Setup” (I may have said “Settings” - sorry!). A form will come up which has a lot of instructions on it, but please feel free to ask if anything is confusing.

Tom

I’m running WXSIM (not pro) and I don’t believe it to be light either:) It’s been running fine for 10yrs.
However, since a few weeks ago, I can’t access the Preferences → Settings. WXSIM just crashes with ‘input past end of file’
So I have either a missing or corrupt file.

Can you pls. help with a solution for my case?
Audun

Hi Audun,

Yes, I can try to recreate your error using your files. There may indeed be a corrupt file. From what I understand, you are saying this error occurs as soon as you try to access Preferences/Settings. Please send me these files:

cty.fdt
rgcode.txt
custinit.txt
cor.txt (if it exists)

Thanks!

Tom

Files sent you via mail.
Audun

Audun reports to me via email that this is fixed now. It turned out the file retini.txt had gotten corrupted (we replaced it with a fresh one). I forgot to mention to him that WXSIM and wret.exe store backup versions which are at least supposed to contain the data from the last successful run. These files are custinitbak.txt and retinibak.txt. Usually, a corrupted file will leave these intact, so you can rename them (by removing “bak”) and restore the system to its last successfully run configuration.

Tom