Trying to setup WXSIM-Lite to download initial GFS data

Hi,
I am having problems setting WXSIM-Lite to do the initial 2 weeks of scheduled GFS downloads. I did get it to work a year ago on my old weather PC but stopped using it as I only had one CPU core at the time. I now have a AMD FX-6300 running on Win 10. Scheduler will open WXSIM-Lite but nothing happens and nothing is downloaded. WXSIM-Lite will not close automatically and needs to be manually terminated. I fear that the initial setup tips were lost on the forum crash last year. Below are screenshots of my current settings. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chris

wxslsched.jpg

Chris,

Have you had any luck with this? If not, let me know and I’ll try. It will be the blind leading the blind but I THINK I have mine running with Steve’s help. (I do think I have an idea what your problem is.)

George

George,
Thanks for your reply. No, I have still had no luck - I would welcome any ideas.

Chris

Chris,

Since you now have more processing power available, I’d leave WxSim-Lite open. On the top of the main WxSim-Lite screen, check the boxes for Forecast Only, Use initial data, and Use corrections. On the right side of this screen, check the box for Weight recent more and change Span (days) to 90. At the bottom of the screen, check the box for Skip all boot-up messages. In the Schedule dialog, uncheck the box for “Close after scheduled run”, check the box for “Use corrections in these forecasts”, check the box for “Run Immediately”, then click Enable Scheduler.

What happens now?

Steve

Chris,

You’re in good hands with Steve so I’ll just stand back and watch (and learn.)

George

Steve ,
Thanks I have settings as you suggested. Immediate run was fine. Next scheduled run in 6hrS. I will update here tomorrow evening.

Chris

Just a quick update. Thanks to Steve’s advice all now running as scheduled - just have to wait for 12 more days before I can start analysing.

Chris

Good Report!

Chris,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it’s running properly. Let us know in a couple of weeks if the Analysis works properly.

Thanks,

Steve