Video File Creation - no 10 second images and some duplicated times

Hi

Using Weather Display 10.37R301 under Windows 10 the 10 second images are not created as expected.

I an using an axis camera which ftps an image file every 10 seconds to the weather PC.
I then use webcamcapture 10.05 to read that image file, add the weather data to the image using tags and then write it as jpgwebcam.jpg to a seperate area. (see image)
Weather Display webcam capture then reads the jpgwebcam.jpg file to create a time stamped file for video creation. (see image)
The resultant files are not as expected. (see image)
There are no 10 second images created, and every so often a second image for the whole minute is created which shows 00 seconds in the name, which is what the 10 second image normally does. In the example attached there is a 1010 image created at 1009, a 101030 image created at 1010, and then a 101000 image created at 1010.

It is likely to be my setup, so I’ve attached images of my setups.

Could anyone please help with this issue?

Thanks

Jan

files created.JPG

I will do some testing/investigating here

one thing I do see wrong in your settings is that you have ticked to use every 30 and every 10 seconds for last hour
you should have only 1 ticked…not both
but then ticked to use 30 seconds for last day…

This should be OK now in the latest .zip update, ready now

Thanks for the very fast reply and fix.

I have installed the latest version and it produces 10 second images now, but only if both the hour and day video creation boxes are ticked for 10 second, I had been using 10 second for the hourly ones and 30 second for the all day to keep the filesize down due to our slow internet upload speeds. I’ll keep an eye on the filesize and see what happens.

Many thanks

Jan

OK, I can fix that problem:

but only if both the hour and day video creation boxes are ticked for 10 second
for the next WD update

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for that.

Whilst looking at the files being generated I think I have found why I and some others are seeing “jerky” videos.

The files are created

then it goes

and so on

So the 11:14:00 file is created a minute after the 11:14 file, which may be why it appears to “go back” a frame.
Also I’m not sure why it is producing a “one minute file” as well as the 10 second ones. I can see nothing obvious in my setups, or in the registry.

screenshot below.

Regards

Jan

filetimes.JPG

the normal 1 minute stamped file is used for like web cam image at screen cursor position
that file would have been being created with build 81 still, yes?
in testing here, those files are not actually used my movie maker when you have 10 seconds in use

Hi Brian,

The “one Minute” files are no longer being produced after a daily reboot, so it was probably a config error on my part, but the “00” file is still being produced after the “50” file which is may be why some of the videos are jumping.

I’ve attached a file listing by modified date

file list.JPG