How open 1and1 mysql database from weatherdisplay software

Hello:

I like know how open mysql database of 1and1 to access from weatherdisplay.

Thanks.

Hi
you will need to know the IP address to enter into the mysql setup in WD
e.g 220:246:80/localhost

AFAIK 1and1 blocks remote access to mysql on most consumer level hosting plans, so you should check with their support to confirm your plan includes remote access.

Enable Remote Connections to MySQL
For Dedicated Server packages.
Follow the steps below enable remote connections to your MySQL databases, allowing you to connect directly to the MySQL server without using SSH or php.

Some 1&1 dedicated Root servers may come with the MySQL remote access disabled. If you would like to enable this access, it is done at your own risk and 1&1 assumes no responsibility for any damages as a result of enabling this access.
Step 1
First, you will need to log into your server’s shell via SSH.
Step 2
Once connected you need to open this file “/etc/my.cfg” this can be done using the command:
vi /etc/my.cnf
Step 3
You will see a few lines of text. Comment out the ‘skip-networking’ by first pressing ‘i’ on your keyboard to indicate you want to insert text and then preceding the line with a hash(#) sign.
[mysqld]
default-character-set=latin1
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysq/mysql.sock
skip-innodb
#skip-networking

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib
[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
Step 4
Save and close the file (To exit vi while saving the changes press the Esc key to signify you want to type a command and the type “:x” without the quotes and press enter. To exit without saving press the Esc key to signify you want to type a command and type “:q!” without the quotes and press enter.)
Step 5
Now you will need to log into your MySQL Database via the shell you have open. To do this type the following command into the shell:

root@serverName:~$ mysql -u admin -p

This will log you into MySQL after prompting for a password. You will now see a MySQL prompt.
Step 6
Type the following at the MySQL prompt to select the mysql database:
mysql> use mysql;
Step 7
Next, you will need to grant access to the database based on IP address. To do this use the the following commands, replacing the IP addresses and Database Names with the respective information. Please be sure to hit enter after every semicolon encountered as each line ending in a semicolon is a separate command.
mysql> update db set Host=‘123.123.123.123’ where Db=‘yourdatabasename’;
mysql> update user set Host=‘123.123.123.123’ where user=‘yourdatabaseUsername’;

Alternately, you may specify to allow connections from any IP address by using the percent sign(%) which is a wildcard character in placement of the IP address like below:
mysql> update db set Host=‘%’ where Db=‘yourdatabasename’;
mysql> update user set Host=‘%’ where user=‘yourdatabaseUsername’;
Step 8
Logout of MySQL with the exit command and press enter.
mysql> exit
Step 9
Next, restart the mysql database with the command :
root@serverName:~$ /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld restart
Step 10
You may now test the connection using telnet if you have telnet installed on your machine (Microsoft Windows Vista does not have telnet installed by default) by running the following line in a command prompt:
C:\Documents and Settings\userName> telnet 123.123.123.123 3306

Please rate this article.
2.67 Stars out of 6 Ratings
Related Articles

Connect to MySQL via Command Line
Access Microsoft SQL Admin
Transfer Data to/from Your Server while in Rescue Mode
Update Your Linux Server
Reboot Your Server
Access Your Linux Server via the Serial Console

Somebody knows this?

Thanks

If this don

OK, if you have a “Dedicated Server package” remote connection should be possible.

I haven