Twitter Issues

done that now:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/wdtwitternew.zip
log file is called
senttwitterdata.txt
where its run from (i.e where WD is installed)

Hi Brian,
I have downloaded the zip and installed it with log file.

I have just tested it and noticed that the wdtwitternew app is being called up at the specific times but it doesn’t send anything

I get this message, which is 128 characters and the error message

Lixwm Weather, Alt 205m, 19:27 PM, Temp 8.4C, Windchill 8.4C, Wind 0.0, Max Wind Today 13.0, Rain 1.0mm, Pressure 1012.3 hpa,
Unable to write to .\twitter.ini

Unable to write to .\twitter.ini

that is the problem
that settings file , twitter.ini, could be locked…e.g by your antivirus program or similar
if you delete that file, then next time it runs, it will re want to re authorise , then should be OK

Still having problems the only way I can get twitter to work is delete the twitter.ini file each day to start a new one then press Test a tweet send/authorise

I have disabled antivurus and allowed it in firewall to no avail

Any ideas anyone?

is there a pattern to when it fails? (i.e after a certain time of the day?)
I could change they way that info is stored (e.g not in an ini file but in the registry)
so try
(will need to be reauthorised but hopefully OK after that)

Hi Brian,
just installed this I will be to update on its progress after windows has shut down and reopened on task scheduler tomorrow morning

Fingers crossed

i suspect then that you have windows shut down and restart daily is a key…and an important piece of info
.i.e was then having a problem after that each day?

It was fine on windows 7 with the auto shutdown and restart then I switched to windows 10 thats where the problems started. I have been running on windows 7 for at least a couple of years with no problems.

Hi Brian,

Same here, Twitter was fine with W7 but changed with W10.

I can eventually get Twitter to send and it will run until a computer restart and then you have to go through a manual set up again.

Andy

make sure to use the new update…

Hi Brian,
New update installed still no joy. I can click the wdtwitternew and it will post. But not posting from WD unless I delete ini and reauthorise.

the ini file should now be saved in the registry though
instead of as a twitter.ini file
are you sure you have the update in use?

Sorry Brian when you said new update I thought you meant new WD update. I have installed the wdtwitter again and will test today.

Regards

I notice now that in code that registry setting was being overriden
so download another update
and see how that goes

Cheers will do

Hi Brian,
Its asking to authorise each time it sends a tweet.

ops
fixed that now…download again, same URL as above

Hi Brian,
Hopefully all sorted. Today as worked fine and i have just updated with the latest update from previous link.

Many Thanks :wink:

Brian,
it all appears working now. Just one more question…When I update WD in future will I have to run the twitter.exe you created that saves the twitter.ini to the registry.

Regards

no, as its included now