One weather station into two PC

How can I get the data from the station Davis to two PCs at the same time? I can not find any USB hub that would have allowed Does anyone have an idea how to do it?

Install Virtual Vantage Pro and assign the software in the other computer to the TCP port in the host computer.
http://www.softwx.com/weather/virtualvp.html

One computer would host the weather station and then via your local network would send the data to the other PC.

One warning…if the firmware in your logger is the latest…VVPro does not work. I understand a new version is being worked on.

That’s good news! By whom?

Ok thanks I’ll try.

There was a post on the Weather Forum board that the author of VVPro is working on a fix or a newer version.

Good news indeed :smiley:

it is possible, I tested it and it does not work at all.

You can flash your logger back to the last version and it will work.

even so it does not work, another possible solution to the second bracket and logger, and it is resolved.

If they are on the same network, WD can do this for you.

Control Panel > FTP & Connections > TCP/IP Client/Server.

Set the computer attached to the weather station as the Server, the other computer will be the Client.

Do you happen to have a link please? There’s been no announcement that I can recall having seen in the past few years on WXforum or elsewhere.

I know Steve was hoping to do something more quite a while back (and I mean some years ago) but I’ve heard nothing at all more recently. I’ve presumed that he’s still much too busy with his day job, family matters etc to contemplate the significant project that would be involved in rewriting VVP from scratch, which was the plan I believe.

So today I tested the WD 2 PC using ICP / IP kliet and I was a little disappointed.
Almost everything works but the client settings are not sending what is selected, or nothing.
Solar UV unresponsive soil temperature remains at 100C and humidity of sheets is still in operation.
Icon prediction is dead too.
My plan lies in the fact that from one PC will be sent to all the graphs and the second PC just DWL and clientraw.txt.
That’s probably a question for Brian in what could be a problem.
I remind version B300

can you post a screen shot of how you have the client settings set on the other pc, too?

yes I attach here the second image

tick show solar on client (you need that ticked as well as show solar+uv)
I would suggest
and then also make sure the client version has the solar setup correct under control panel, solar setup

so I ticked that box.
WD Both have exactly the same settings, but I found out that the client who is hosting the second PC, you must check the Sync icon, and on the second PC can not be checked again, if, so he alternates daily with the night icon.
I attach new images.
Soil temperature it is also ok, but not soil moisture and leaf wetness remains at 10th
Apparently not associated with the program.
Do you think that you would add? WDL sending the show.
my data.

http://infopocasi-olomouc.cz/wdenglish.html

As you can see in the pictures so I did.
Both the PC cable to a router, but it seems not all sensors Client transfers.
I do not know how often Client sends data, it seems that it remained stuck for a long time.

So I think that the way Client does.
Although WD retrieves the data, but only after running, then nothing happens.
For now I’m going back to a single PC.

So I managed to pull off the second PC using the client.
It works well but can not get the humidity and leaf wetness land to another PC.
Brian, is there any way to get clientraw.txt file sheet land to another PC? :wink: