Logger problem - again [RESOLVED]

Never said, or even inferred, that I didn’t believe you. All I said was I have made no changes, either, but there’s still an intermittent problem. The “quote” comment in my last post simply referred to my site, not to you.

Still completely blank. Not one single character in there.

Thanks.

That was posted on 10/27, it makes no sense to me that that the logger would go back more than 42 hours, even if it was doing a full download :?

I have tested the history download a number of times since this topic has been alive and not seen a problem. Today I had 295 (?) running, shut it down for 30 mins, downloaded/upgraded to 299, restarted and it correctly downloaded from 30 mins before. That’s on win 7/64.

Quite a mystery…

It may have been 09/07 and I simply confused it with the other release. Regardless, it was within the first week of Sep.

Definitely is. Doesn’t happen every time, but annoying and a time waster when it does.

Thanks.

I have tested the latest version here with my Davis VP2 and it worked like normal for getting the missing data at start up (i.e 5 minutes worth…did not start from the begining)

A little different this time.

Just loaded 299 10/29 @ 0001. Logger still went back to 09/05 (see attachment), but the download only lasted about 5 seconds and then the extraction window closed and WD continued on its way with no apparent problems. Correct time/date still in Davis download in WDISPLAY.INI, event log still blank.

Thanks.

there is debug info under view, debug

Attached.

Basically it got 4 blocks of the correct date, then immediately switched dates to 09/05.

Thanks.

debug.txt (5.94 KB)

the problem is that your data logging interval is set to 30 minutes
instead of the prefered 1 minute

set the data logger to 1 minute interval, either via WD data logger setup, or with weatherlink

Attached is the logger setup, and no, I didn’t mess with it just for this shot. Is it wrong?

Thanks.

just because it has 1 minute ticked in that setup does not mean it is actually set as 1 minute on the data logger
that’s just a selection in that setup in WD
you need to click to set that

as the debug info shows the data is only coming in at 30 minute history interval

Remember setting it long ago, and it has worked just fine for years (literally). Something caused it to go amiss (not finger pointing!!). Just installed 300 and had a ‘normal’ start with the logger. Hopefully it will hang onto the setting this time.

Thanks to both for all your help! =D>

Or maybe not. Below from the 300 update.

Time period too short?
Aborted?
…did not sync correct?

Are those normal?

Thanks.

debug2.txt (396 Bytes)

How long was WD off?

Maybe 5 minutes (I know - not what you suggested), with another Set in between.

There used to be a minimum downtime before WD would backload data from the logger. Setting will clean all the data out. Let it run for a decent time, e.g hour, to get its ducks in a row, then shutdown for 10 or 15, restart, and that should be a valid download test.

As suggested…

It had run about 4 hours from the last restart, quit WD, got the latest 300, waited 15, restart. This time the logger window showed the correct date and time and also - for the first time in a long time - the progress bars were both active during the read (traveling blue). That lasted about 5 seconds and closed.

Debug attached.

Thanks!

debug3.txt (4.03 KB)

with a 30 minute logging interval, it would be a bit hit and miss…and would depend on what time it was (i.e how close to the half hour etc ) if it would work OK or not (was nothing to do with a new WD update)

Looks good to me :smiley:

Never said WD was the problem, although it did start sometime after I went to 262 on 4 May.

Hopefully the logger is now happy.

Appreciate your patience and help.

Hope you’re right.

Thanks for all your help.