Ultimeter 2100

I’ve just purchased this unit for my wx station here @ K7FU. I have been reading some posts here about this unit but do not see any new posts about them. Does anyone have an recent experience with this unit either good or bad? I will be using WD of course. Tired of my pos LaCross and cheap Honeywell units, failing etc… Thanks in Advance.

I have been using that model for about 10 years. I think it’s a good station. It’s modular so if something breaks you can replace only the piece that breaks.
With that said it has been a very reliable and accurate unit.
I think you will like it.
Tom

A friend of mine operates a weather instrument business in Oregon and Washington State. There are a few older units from the 90’s still in operation today up there. But the newer units on the other hand are coming down faster than they’re going up. Cups fly off, reed switches failing.

Their rain gauges they did away with the tipping bucket and utilize some other device to count the rain. Can’t comment on its reliability.

Can anyone with a Peet Bros system help with the config in WD for the Ultimeter 2100?

what is the particular help you are needing with?
if the console is set to complete record mode, then make sure you set to use that in WD
and also make sure you have set up the barometer to be working on the console as well

I’ve attached a screenshot of my setup. Remember the output of the 2100 must match the setup in WD.
Tom

They appear to be selling a modified version of the Torrent drop counting gauge for $90, it can be had for $50 in its original form. IMHO it will need regular, like once a month, cleaning to keep it working well.

http://www.qcsupply.com/10966-torrent-wireless-rain-gauge.html

http://www.peetbros.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=14

One thing I have noticed is the with the Ultimeter 2100 in Complete Record Mode is that upon restart of the PC, I always have to go and check the box for Complete Record Modes as it does not save that one setting.

rhansme