Twitter Issues

is there a wdtwitternew.exe program where WD is installed?
if you could .zip and email me your settings files, I will test /check here
one thing you could also try is setting an offset for the time to send

also I presume WD is getting live data from the weather station?

Re the below I have the wdtwitternew.exe and wd is receiving data from the vantage vue. How do i send the settings files?

Regards

s there a wdtwitternew.exe program where WD is installed?
if you could .zip and email me your settings files, I will test /check here
one thing you could also try is setting an offset for the time to send

also I presume WD is getting live data from the weather station?

there is a FAQ on how to send me the settings files :wink:

I’m also having problems since changing to a new computer with Windows 10. The twitter send has stopped altogether and the log is showing the following error message:

ERROR: Unable to write to .\twitter.ini System.IniFiles at time/date

I have Build 10.37 R296

where do you have WD installed?
do you have WD running as administrator?
(as that looks like a permissions problem)

WD is installed on the C drive and it is not being run as an administrator.

Just to update it’s now working again. Had to revoke access at Twitter end and re-authorise and hey presto!

Hi Brian
I have sent the files you requested yesterday by email

Regards
Rickyac

I suspect the problem is you are trying to send too much data (there is a character limit of 140)
I replied to your email about that

I suspect the problem is you are trying to send too much data (there is a character limit of 140)
I replied to your email about that

Thanks Brian I will give it a go. Strange work for a couple of years without change… will update if works

Unless you changed your tweet, it is unlikely to be more than 140 characters. Your “Month to date” is only 136 and the regular ones are far less (well, less than 130). Although the mtd could, depending upon field values, theoretically exceed 140 it is only those individual ones that would be lost.

Update: Oh, it looks like you have resolved the problem :wink:

Tomorrow will be the test, when it wakes up and without me sending the first tweet manually. I will update tomorrow evening

Still not working…

I am away from computer at moment but unless I send a tweet manually it wonk work… strangely once the first one has been sent manually it works for the rest of the day gone!

is it a permission problem then on the wdtwitternew.exe for first time that runs?
also did you try offsetting by a few minutes the tweet time to send?

I have set a three minute offset will check that today and a permission problem and get back

Still no joy
I have don’t know what this can be…

How do I check a permission on the twitter exe?

Has anyone else had problems in that it works but only when I send the the first tweet manually…after that all the timed ones work.

ok, may have found an issue…

I have been trying to send a test tweet with no joy. I then went into wdisply and clicked on wdtwitternew application then pressed the test tweet and it worked. Does anyone know why this is not running in the background and why I need to activate it each day?

Many Thanks

so once you do that it OK for auto updates…until?

It was OK last week and would then Dr o autyo updated tweets but again only when I pushed the first one. However checked this evening and on one has gone after pushing the first tweet

Should the twittter app be running in my task bar as I don’t see it threre