Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

it should show on the main screen as long as the setting in the WDISPLAY.INI file
[WS2000]
solar wh3081 use=yes
is set
but I will do some experimenting here with my WH1081
(I dont currently have a WH3081 so that is the problem (I am also trying to get the solar +UV working in the current windows version for the WH3081 but am not succedding…really need to get hold of one)

ps ,does anyone know if ‘Doggy’ got his problem with the wdisplayftp.ini settings file fixed?
update: it looks like he has changed software , rather than let me work with him on finding a resolution for the problem

i have also had this running in windows. The solar & UV only works with build 81. If you upgrade it to the latest version, it doesn’t work.

(I am also trying to get the solar +UV working in the current windows version for the WH3081 but am not succedding..really need to get hold of one)

I’ve had the latest update running. Solar has a reading in the debug info and it looks like UV is working. But the solar doesn’t appear in the main screen. I have attached screen shots.

Are you still working on the conflict that is causing issues with the data logger?

Update: I have noticed the solar readings appear in the all time records and if you move the cursor over the graph with solar on it the reading appears but disppears as soon as WD gets the update from the console

Are you still working on the conflict that is causing issues with the data logger?
what was that exactly?
But the solar doesn't appear in the main screen. I have attached screen shots.

the screen shot shows that there is in fact a solar reading showing on the main screen
do you mean that its zero whn you say it does not appear?
(confusing)

My Data Logger won’t download if it is off for only a few minutes - if it’s off for say 10 mins then it works properly. I think you said in an earlier reply you might look at sending an abort message or something rather than let it time-out
Thanks

Hi Brian,

Is WD when started up able to retrieve data which is stored on the Davis Datalogger when it is communicating with WD via the Meteobridge? I can’t make that happen now as apparent when looking at the graphs and accumulated rain data. Thanks.

Aloha,

Mark

@vk2him
that issue mentioned is not for your weather station type though (Davis IP data logger)…which I have not had a chance to look into yet
(there is only 1 of me, trying to support many station types on windows and Mac…not easy and I get no thanks ,only complaints)

@mswatanabe
why not use WD direct with the davis data logger?

what was that exactly? Whenever I start WD with the data logger on the times are all wrong. With the screen shot I have attached I started WD at 7:30am after having it off since 7pm last night. The times on the graph don’t appear to match the actual time
[/quote]
screen shot shows that there is in fact a solar reading showing on the main screen
[/quote]
do you mean that its zero whn you say it does not appear? It shows 0 when there is a reading. The solar reading does show up in the debug info
(confusing)

Sorry Brian - I wasn’t complaining - I am extremely grateful for the support you provide and realise how hard it must be - Many thanks mate!!

Very low priority of course… But my astronomy almanac page isn’t quite working

thanks

@DeputyDawg
it does not look like you are using the latest update

I had an old WH1080 console so I swapped consoles as they use the same sensors. The issue I had with the data logger disappeared so it appears as though it’s specific to the WH3080. It still appears as though it can still receive the solar reading as it appears in the debug info, not sure about the UV reading.

For now I am going to stick with the WH1080 console as it works perfectly.

I still have a WMR200 stored, am I able to download the historical data from that yet cause I may put that one up again.

Hmmmmmm I grabbed the lastest one after you last post. I will check again… Thanks

I just remote logged in. My WD is on build 255 which matches the downloads page.

Hi Brian,

Re: @mswatanabe
why not use WD direct with the davis data logger?

The Datalogger is plugged into the Meteobridge so data can be sent to the various weather websites, therefore a direct USB connection can’t be made to the Mac, at least I can’t figure out a way to do so.

Aloha,

Mark

@mswatanabe
I have read that the meteobridge or is it hub now has an update where you can set for data sharing…i.e it acts like an IP data logger …so you can have WD get its data from meteobridge/hub via that function…WD will think its connected to an IP data logger (and thats how you set it up in WD)
@mdheron
what is the exact problem you are having with the history function at start up with the WH3081 ?
(one issue will be that the WH3081 has different data length which I have not catered for)

Its hard to put into words so here goes. When I start WD the data gatherer starts as it should. Once it finishes the data appears on the graph but with times that haven’t occurred yet. Yesterday I turned WD at 9am and it searched for data from the last time it was on which was 7pm the night before. When that data appeared on the graph the times were wrong.

I have the data interval set to 1 minute on the console it that helps

so the data that is in the graph on the screen shot you have posted is from the weather station history
but its got more data than expected and so the time is gone into the future…sort of thing
is this with the WH3081?
(probably related to the fact that the WH3081 has a different data size and so different amount of data, etc etc)

You got it. I thought I didn’t explain it properly. With the WH1080 that problem doesn’t exist

the problem then is related to the data length being different with the WH3081 console for the history data
I am hoping to get hold of a WH3081 console