New version of Leuven-template available

Hi Wim,

Okay thanks for the explanation. As you can see on my site, being an avid hobby photographer (mostly landscapes or weather related things like thunder, snow or storms) i have added some image galleries to my site.
Here is one example
http://weatherfrog80.bplaced.net/weather2/index.php?p=651&lang=en&wp=WD#data-area

But site visitors with mobile phones have complained that it is quite laborious to access these pages using their mobile.
So what i would like to add is one gallery page which can be selected directly from the mobile overview. How can this be done?

Best regards

Georg

This is the code i am using for the gallery btw. Any chances to include this in the mobile environment- or is this just a too complicated task?

Regards Georg

I misunderstood. It is very easy to add the button, make the second row buttons smaller, as explained in my previous answer.
What you want to do then, that is up to you.

Normaly you would then include a script to display something. In your case the gallery.
With at least one button to go back to the mobile site. And other buttons to select which gallery has to be displayed.

You can write and test that script fully stand-alone on any device as it is independent of any template. The only link is a button to switch to that script.

mobi.php = > user click button = > mobi.php switches to yoursite / gallery.php
In that gallery script you have a button to go to the index.php (which will automatically switch to mobi) at the same way.

Hope I express myself more understandable this time:
you should NOT include the code in the mobi.php scripts, but make a reusable gallery script and link to that from any environment you want to use it.

Wim

Hi Wim,

As you can see it works. I did a test and put the gallery code in a new php file called ā€œmobiGallery.phpā€ and replaced the Customize section (of course i backed up the old mobi.php first)
http://weatherfrog80.bplaced.net/weather2/index.php?mobi=12

However i would like it more if i could just leave the customize section as it is and just made the lower buttons smaller as you had explained in your first reply.
But iā€™m having trouble to find those lines where the buttons are declared, also took a look in the wiki but could not find any explanation about that.

Could you help me out?

Regards

Georg

Could you e-mail me your version of mobi.php?
Then I will try tomorrow to adapt it. Will make a more ā€œeasy to changeā€ version for the next release also.

Wim

Thanks Wim,

Looks like i canā€™t attach files via the mail function here, so attached it to this post here.

mobi.zip (5.4 KB)

Sorry for that, I thought you already had my email.
Attached the modified mobi.php
You have to shorten some words for the second button row for German, English words fit.

Wim

mobi.php.zip (6.04 KB)

Thank you Wim,

Done. :slight_smile: I donā€™t have much free time on my hands right now, but when it gets better i will probably show my recently taken pictures on that gallery.
Thanks again for the great support.

Regards

Georg

Great stuff and good idea Georg/Wim :slight_smile:

I have played around a little bit with this photo thing, photos are auto sliding over the screen.
Found a good way to show photos from www.flickr.com if you have your photos there.
Ifram into a php you make from the info you set up at flickrit.com, and it becoms like this:
aaaaā€¦ Sorry, photo to big so check here:

http://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=mobi&lang=en#data-area
or on the pc:
http://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=galleri&lang=en#data-area

Just an idea, have a nice day.

Hiā€¦im switching to 2.8 andā€¦im changing the METAR in the /metar/metarDisplay.php to put mine in canadaā€¦when uploading the modifyed file i still get the old/original metarsā€¦

is there another page to modify ?

thanks

Hi againā€¦also,when setting template to 0 for color (weather adapted) it remains in blue color :roll:

thanks

Could you sent me the URL of the new site? If not public yet, it can be by a PM.

There is a file which holds Metars, city name, Yahoo ID, YRNO ID and so on.
That can be used for the metarspage also.

Before the list of Metars on that page there is a setting to use your own list of Metars , or to use the ones for the drop down forecasts.

I am not near a computer now, but will be shortly.

Wim

Did you switch off debug. otherwise it will remain blue so the messages are not hidden.

Hiā€¦thanksā€¦so i switched off DEBUG :wink:

heres the template linkā€¦ www.meteolacstjean.com

and look in : Observation Recentes

thanks

Well, my french is non-existent, thanks for the page-link.

You probably set/left the setting to use multi-select forecast in wsUserSettings as

$SITE["multi_forecast"] = true; 

Allll scripts will default to that setting.
But every script has a setting to override the wsUserSettings.

The script: metar/metarDisplay.php
Change line 5 from

#$SITE['multi_forecast'] = false;

to

$SITE['multi_forecast'] = false;

by removing the comment mark.
Your own airports will be used.

Wim

Thanksā€¦that did fix it :smiley:

One last thingā€¦about the background transparencyā€¦
i know ive asked you before but just dont remember wich file i have to play in to change the transparency a bit

just to make a bit more opaque the panelā€™s backgroundā€¦and im using weather adapted as default

thanks again

For every background ā€œmoodā€ = sun, pclouds and so on, there is a set of CCS lines in weather??/styleMood20.css
The page background is the line such as:

.ws_clouds #pagina  	{border-color: #B4D3ED; background-color: rgba(205,218,224, 0.6);}

The last part of the background-color is the transparency, in this example 0.6.
Check your previous version of styleMood20.css what you changed there.

Wim

Hi againā€¦just foud out that the graphs in the Weather Underground History page Graphs are in M/Secondsā€¦how and where do i change that for km/h ?

On my /weather2,the wind readings are in kmhā€¦but in /weather28 its in m/s

I will take a look tomorrow if you succeeded with this solution below.

BUT I need in all future questions:
a. The p=0000 menu entry back in the wsMenuData.xml You can use the one with hide so that it is not in the menu itself
b. a PM with the (temporary) password of your settings so I can print the non-Leuven scripts.

As for now I think you should change line 143 in weather??/wxwugraphs/WUG-settings.php from

$windmu = 'm/s'; // 'm/s' or 'km/h' for metric units selection

to

$windmu = 'km/h'; // 'm/s' or 'km/h' for metric units selection

Wim

Thanksā€¦that did the trick on line 143 :smiley:

cheers :wink: