Home weather template

Hello,

Just to let you know that I have stumbled upon a great new weather template (home weather), that is populated from your wunderground data. It’s dead easy to setup, and the author (Brian) ally helpful in solving any problems and helping customise.

Mine is in operation at www.paulwilman.com/PWS/isomerse15.php

Paul

Looking good i have to say :slight_smile:
Have requested the template, hope to test asap it arrives.
Thanks for info to everyone.

Regards
Bj

Just seen it on your site…looks good too. Really impressed with the clean modern looks.

Paul

There is now a “live” version of this template that uses clientraw instead of wunderground. It’s listed as “Beta Test Simplicity Live Data version BETA TEMPLATE IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST ONLY via email” on the author’s page http://www.idesign34.com/homepws/homeweather.html.

Niko,

I have been working with the author for the last few days on the beta release. It currently updates every 60 seconds, but in the next week he will launch a version that updates every 10 seconds.

Mine is located at www.paulwilman.com/dashboard.php

I love the template and managed by yet another really helpful “Brian”

Paul

Interesting, thanks Paul. Pity it refreshes the whole page and not just the data :frowning:

That’s good :thumbright:

yes, that is good the new beta version using the clientraw.txt :slight_smile:

Looks good! My preference would be to have the last update time higher on the page, I think that’s an important parameter for a live page.

No biggie but you have a couple of typos in “Creative Coinons Attribution-NonCoinercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.”

ha that will teach me to bulk change the mm , thanks . ill move the updated time however need to think about it , as simple the calling it is the data updates in in different periods of seconds so I have that simple yet could be confusing thing out . thanks brian

@Niko

Its pretty rare these days to see a FULL WD’s website… :salute:

Hi Brian,
first of all good job, looks really nice.

And also thanks for explaining why you do it the way you do it - because I was puzzled a little bit why on one hand you always say you don

[quote author=Jachym link=topic=61765.msg494473#msg494473 date=1449756892]
Hi Brian,
first of all good job, looks really nice.

And also thanks for explaining why you do it the way you do it - because I was puzzled a little bit why on one hand you always say you don

And I can also only agree with you. In case of Brian

Wim, All I can say is great job! The only thing I would like to see is a “dark” version where the background is dark.

Hummm…are you talking to Wim from Leuven template ?

if yes,what do you mean by darker version ?

You can select the look and feel in the customize tab

Oppps, didn’t mean to put the Wim in there. Sorry.

Thats what i taught :lol:

Also, just to add to what you were saying, that person would have problems selling this on code canyon because you also use Highcharts which is only free for non-commercial purposes so that person would have to purchase a license for Highcharts. So I think even if you havent discovered it yourself that person would have problems with trying to sell it.

One more thing…

I actually think that we don’t really need to worry about someone selling our templates (be it you, me, Wim or Ken). The reason being, the community of people that have weather stations and want to install templates etc. is not so big and almost everyone knows either this or the WX forum. And so if they discovered your or any other template on Code Canyon and similar, they would surely know who is the author. Or even if they did not, someone else from the forum could see their page, or they could put a link or mention it there and then others would see that your footer is missing, they would ask and if that person said they bought it from Code Canyon from person XY, the word would quickly spread and someone would inform the real author.