MDI Display when Cold

Is there some way to force the MDI display ON when it is cold out? I am customizing the main screen. Seems there is also a THI (?) or some such that also only displays intermittently - same issue.

Hi
the MDI (modified discomfort index) shows up when its hot…not cold… :wink:

So I have to wait until next Summer to customize the main screen lest I move something in front of the MDI display? I suppose I could temporarily fool WD with huge temp/hum offsets, but I hate to mess with the data if there is a better method.

I do see what you mean…
I could make it become a cold level indicator for when its cold?

Now there is a thought. Perhaps you could link its visibility with that of wind chill since it is unlikely (impossible?) both would be relevant at the same time. Perhaps “MDI” and “Wind chill” could be an either/or display, and the little indicator light and the wind chill data display also an either/or display. Of course moving whichever element is displayed at the moment would need to also move the hidden (linked) element.

The only fly in the ointment is there are many times here where neither is relevant. I think I read somewhere that wind chill is not defined at temp > 50F. Maybe just show wind chill anyway with a “NA” display? H’mm…

the other way is to manually edit its position, relative to other elements on the screen, via the
[main screen custom]
mdiled xx=
mdiled yy=

in the wdisplayftp.ini in the registry

Cool. That will work. All sorts of nifty settings there. Thanks.