Davis VP2 Wireless USA version in the UK problem

Purchased a Vantage Pro 2 Weather Station from the USA to be used in the UK due to the lower price

We are aware of it operating on 900MHz band and not designed for the UK, but cannot get the two units to connect

Have tried all the usual tests etc. and both the Console and Sensor Suite are functioning

I am suspecting it could be an interference problem, does anybody know if the 902 - 928 MHz is used in the UK, maybe by mobile phone networks?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried getting them to connect when you have them within a few feet of each other? If they can connect when close but not at a distance, then interference is possible.

Exactly. I doubt you will have cell/mobile interference strong enough to prevent them connecting when they are that close. Obviously turn off anything in the house that might be on 900 MHz, cordless phone, baby monitor etc.

UK band reservations are here… http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/ra/publication/ra_info/ra365.htm

Thats our mobile phone range 8O

Yes, but from what I understand only for old 2G GSM stuff, the 3G and 4G LTE networks are not on the 900MHz band