Consolewd can't start on Ubuntu 14.04

Hi! I can’t get consolewd to start on my ubuntu 14.04.3. I just get the “./consolewd: error while loading shared libraries: libcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory” error. I’ve followed this guide http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=59286.0

I know the guide is for raspberry pi but I suppose that it should work for ubuntu as well if the libraries are compiled for i386.

It seems like most of the people are using consolewd on a raspberry pi today but I would like to run it on ubuntu 14.04.3. I’ve searched the forum and tried everything but nothing is working for me. I’ve copied the libs from the deploy folder to /lib, /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib. Added them to /etc/enviroment file as well.

Can somone help me?

Hi
try using the Goweather.sh script to start consolewd maybe
also though do have those .so files in
/usr/lib/
?

I’ve tried that and I get the same error.

are you using 32 or 64 bit distro

I’ve tried both 32-bit and 64bit with the ia32-libs installed. Same error. I also tried 32-bit ubuntu 12.04.

I wonder if I have the raspberry pi .so files in the deploy files instead of the linux ones

That would explain a lot. Is is possible to get the linux libs somewhere?

Anyone that can help me find an old version of the consolewd with libs for linux?

I’ve been trying to find a old version of Consolewd without any luck. There must be someone out there who have a version of consolewd for linux that works? I would love to get it working on my linux machine.

Hi
I have been a volunteer helping on school camp all this last week (transporting food and kids from camp site to camp site) so have had no spare time
even today I was a volunteer marshall for a multi sport event
now I have a daughter that is in a musical that I need to take her too

so though hopefully tomorrow I will have a chance to get you the original library files from my linux box

try
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/linuxlibfiles.zip

Thanks. Unfortunately I will not be able to test them until next Sunday. I’ll let you know when I’ve tested them.