Leuven-Template 2.8 version available

Thanks for bringing this error to my attention.

There is a typo in the wsUserSettings.php
Please change the line

207 | $SITE["wsSteelTime"]    = "10";                 # 10 = 999

to

207 | $SITE["steelTime"]    = "10";                 # 10 = 999

and test again.
Wim

Wim,

That did the trick. Needed to get the exact wording as well. I had SteelTime rather than steelTime. Works great now.Was driving me crazy trying to get it to change which of course leads me to going places I shouldn’t and needing to be bailed out. Was also wondering if I can copy my settings from Weather2 to get the tide times displayed and how that would be accomplished. Thanks again.

Rod

Hi Wim,
Thank you for your work in making this template available, I have now adopted it for my website www.sandhurstweather.org.uk. I must say that it was fairly simple to adopt, thanks to your clear and straight forward installation instructions.

I have one question though, the temperature display on the main page is in a light green (see attachment), does this colour change as the temperature changes? If it doesn’t, can it be changed to a different colour?

Thanks,
Ian

Capture.PNG

I found the answer, and have set it to two colours (blue <0

Good morning gentlemen :wink:

Have some question hopefully somone can help me with.

I have notise the high temp in red colour on the thermometer in leuven 2.8 dont follow my station high temp, like living its own life.
Max until now today is 7.6 degrees but thermometer is showing 13 degrees?? min and avreage temp seems to be correct.
My station reset data at midnight.
Is this a bug in the template? see photo. and site here:
http://www.ulsteinvikweather.com/weather28/index.php?p=wsStartPage&wp=WD&lang=en

Also when using the tags.wd.txt file the high/low chart on main page change so my my station shows, also in the almanac- weather history my station shows records in station record aso…
But when using testtags.txt for upload, thees items disepear for reason unknown to me.
Also max/min on main page is showing records/today- normals from year 1998?? is this from metar or wu? coos my station was up running may 2012 as set in setup file also wd is set as cur condition.

Am using testtags.txt-sarotoga, not the tags.wd.txt coos then current condition and background photo is not changing acc to my station.
Seems like when use the tags.wd.txt the template is using the metar or wu maybe.

Hope somone can explain how this actualy works.
Seems to me the almanac and front page ajax is using wd-wu and metar in a mix? Correct or just me? #-o

Also, is there a option to show snow instead of rain under if user set to like under 2 or 1 or 0 degrees??

[quote author=Bj

tags.wd.txt (15.9 KB)

Hello and thanks alot for clarifying “how it works” Wim :slight_smile: Apriasiate alot your help.

I also added this 2x tags to the tag.wd.txt, is there any need for thees? if not i will remove.
|weathercond|%weathercond%|! #current weather conditions, based on your data
|weatherreport|%weatherreport%|! #current weather conditions from selected METAR
I hope the current cond is using thees 2 tags during night time maybe, when the davis solar is showing night.
Or delete thees 2x, and chang wd icon setting to use metar with station oweride. ?
see photo…

Reg Snow messuring:
I use this to messure snow, but also heated rain bucket.
Wd can use thrue the dallas 1wire wd setup to messure snow with a modify fluke laser 414D.
It will instead of manual put in snow messurments, do it automaticly.
See here:
LR4 - USB Laser Rangefinder — Porcupine Labs

Saratoga template have setting for show snow under the degree you set in the setting.
Just to info you :slight_smile:

Again thanks alot for help.

icon setting wd.JPG

Or at least the gauges seem to think it’s offline.
I’ve searched every setting I can think of, but can’t stop this.

Every night at 6pm the message box in the gauge panel and on the Steelseries page says the station is off line, but it’s not!
Also on the bottom right corner of the attached image you see that the 6:00pm value turns red.

The gauges are still working and showing the current data. What is causing the offline message?

Running the Leuven-Template 2.8 version with CumulusMX
My site is at: http://www.jcoinc.net

Thanks for any help. Really love the template by the way!

Jeff

You are running cumulusMX, which needs new tags files as date and time tags have a different format compare to the " old" Cumulus.

Unzip and replace the current realtimeTagsT.txt file and please test if it is OK.

Wim

realtimeTagsT.txt.zip (1.15 KB)

@ALL
The two times which are displayed come from

1. The 5 minutes tags file, that is the first date time field
  2. The realtime file for that weather-program.
    Depending on the weather-program used, it can be clientraw, realtimeTags a.s.o.

The 5 minute tags file has date and time fields so the exact date/time of the data in the file is displayed. If it is old data it is visible immediately.
Most realtime data files have only a time field which is displayed without knowing if it is data from the same or a previous day.

In this example the format of the time in the realtime file was invalid and always returned 6 PM for that time zone.
Until 6 PM the realtime data seemed to be more recent so that time was displayed normal. After 6 PM the time was before the 5 minute time so the time was printed in red and could be clicked on to go to the status page.

Normal situation (99% of the cases) both times in black, second time a few minutes later than the first, ALL OK, no action needed.
Sometimes the file is not uploaded so the time will not change and become red during the day. Clicking on it => Status page to investigate.

Wim

datetime.jpg

Wow, that was a fast reply!, Thanks

I’ve changed out the files and the 6:00pm in the bottom right has become the current time. Looks like it’s working ok now.

Do I have to do any thing with the file “tagsCU.php” thats included in the scriptsCU directory? I can’t find where this file is used or where I should put it.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

You should leave it as is.

How does it work:
Cumulus reads tags.cu.txt => translates the tags into weather-values => uploadeds it as tagsCU.txt.

If there is a visitor at your site:

1. the scripts first check if there is a more recent uploaded tagsCU.txt compared to the last-time cached data.

2. if the upload is more recent the “tagsCU.php” script reads tagsCU.txt, cheks it, units conversion is done and the result is cached for the next visitor.

3. The requested page is assembled, realtime data if present is also read and sent to the visitor.

4. The gauges and other realtime scripts in the browser are requesting updated data every so many seconds, so point 1,2,3 are rerun every time the realtime data is requested.

The only script which understands Cumulus way of doing things is “tagsCU.php”. All others are used by multiple weather-programs.

Wim

Great info on your last 2 posts. I understand a bit more now.

Thanks

Hi
have notice something not quite right with the text on the 6 hour Metno forcast showing 18-00 at top of each day when should be at the bottom see attached

Harold

PS have just checked version 2.7 and 2.6 and its the same on those as well

Screen Shot.JPG

Sorry, will check that next weekend. Wim

hello Wim…

I changed the leuven templates from the older 2.7 version/weather2 folder to the newer version 2.8d /weather28 folder for Northport NY USA Site and just wanted to ask if you can update this on your list of users links for Northport NY USA.

HIS old link was: northportnyweather.com/weather2

and now the new link is:

northportnyweather.com/weather28

ALSO on your list of Users for the templates there is a link for Union city TN Usa, but this person entire Saratoga and Leuven Sites are No Longer available as the owner of the site Warren…has passed Away a few months ago and his sites are both gone. the link for his site is this one on the list of users:

union city TN USA
unioncitywx.com/weather2/

Thank you…Chris at gateway2capecod.com

@Chris at gateway2capecod.com

Sorry to hear that.

I updated the user lists for both sites,

Wim

Hi Wim
I take it you have not had a chance to check out the item I posted in reply #46 above yet but will keep an eye on it for an update

Harold

The problems with yahoo take to much of my time. It will be solved with 2.9.
Wim

Hi Wim
it was the Metno forecast with the issue so will wait till version 2.9

Thanks
Harold