config.txt and update rate on clientraw.txt

Hi there

I’m currently experimenting with using a Raspberry PI to replace a small Atom PC that is running the windows version at a remote site. The main motivation for this is power consumption as everything is running off a solar setup with batteries.

We’re running the latest version of consolewd (12.3) and I was wondering if there was a full list of the possible parameters that can be used in the config.txt file or do the parameters included in the default config.txt represent the complete set of parameters?

Also, so far out testing appears to indicate that we can only update the clientraw.txt file every 60 seconds. We currently update it much more frequently using the windows version and I was wondering if it’s possible to update it more frequently? e.g. every 10 seconds.

Thanks

Richard

Hi
what weather station type?

Hi Brian

My apologies, I should have included this info :slight_smile:

It’s a Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus.

Thanks

Richard

the clientraw.txt file should update then the data from the station updates…i.e very few seconds

Hi Brian

Thanks. I’ll look at some of the settings when we’re next on site and experiment a bit more.

Is it possible to get a full list of options from the config.txt file or does the default file represent all of the possible settings available?

Finally, is there a summary of what functionality is available from consolewd versus the full version? For example it looks like we won’t get graphs from the last 24 hours etc, but it would be useful to know what other functionality isn’t part of this version.

Thanks

Richard

Hi
No. no summary, only what prompts there are in the config.txt file
the clientraw files do have data for graph data that you can view with WDL and you can set to have the customclientraw updated so you can view data with the ‘Steel gauges’