Climatedataout, dailynoaareports upload to a separate directory

Hey Brian.
I know this has been talked about before. I never found a way to do this or if there is, I missed it. :frowning:

What would be an easy way to get Weather Display to upload all the climate data to a separate directory?
I’ve been running WD since 2006 and I have well over a 1000 climate files residing in the root directory.

All the dailynoaareports.html, Month.htm & climatedataout.html files have jam packed the root directory of my site.
Any way to be able to specify all those files be uploaded to a separate “climate” folder or something to that effect
without you having to go through a lot to have WD be able to do this or if there is a way to do this already.

I know that with File #41, you can have it upload some climate data to a different directory but not these files, correct?

Thanks!
Tony

there is an option to upload to different remote directory, in the ftp/internet setup, upload times, for the av/ext settings…
you could try that
which version/build of WD are you using currently?

I’m using B247 right now Brian.

Will the different remote directory for av/ext settings take care of the files I’m looking to upload?

Hi
you can always give it a go :wink:
I will do some testing when I get a chance today sometime

Ok, in testing, its just the date stamped graphs that are uploaded to that different remote directory
what I could do is add option to do this for all the av/ext files

Thank would be great if you could Brian.

I always worry with GoDaddy.
I remember back a year or so ago they wanted to shut down websites that had too many files in their root directory.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Hi
I will add this option and test , hopefully today
and let you know

Thank you Brian! :smiley:

try this update
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

download in 30 minutes from now
and see the new option to tick to upload all av/ext files to this remote dir, in the upload times
and see how that goes

The only thing that is uploading to my new climate directory Brian is the climatedataout.html file
and the daily climatedataout and monthly data files like September2015.htm are still going to the root.

try a new .zip update, ready now

Just the climatedataout.html & a number of .gif files

I will do some more investigating…

tested here and all the files are uploaded OK to the selected directory
as shown in the ftplogfull.txt file and on my actual test ftp server remote directory
are you sure you have the latest .zip upload?

I’ll try it again tonight Brian. I checked all the boxes and put in /climate for the directory.

I re-downloaded the test zip a few posts above.

Thanks.

Just seeing this thread for the 1st time and was wondering if this is working properly now.

Also, how to implement this if it is doing so as I would LOVE to get my record files from 2008 forward into a separate directory, thus clearing up the ROOT a bit.

I would also like to cleanup my Root.
jp

Last time I tested it didnt do all the climate files. I’ve got a few days off and will test it again.

Thanks!!!

Will look forward to hearing how you progress,