VP2 data logger not working

Hi,

I am running version 293 with a VP2. When you restart WD it doesn’t seem to talk to the data logger anymore. The logger screen comes up and it just counts up and never downloads the logger data. You have to click “abort” and then WD gets the live data. Not sure what I have done wrong. I have only just upgraded to the new WD and also had this problem in version 81.

I hope someone can help

Paul

I had a similar prob worth a look at my post http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/471144

Stewart,

Thanks for the info. I tried the steps of turning on the raw log data logging and seeing what came up in the debug window. It didn’t point to anything, and you could happily see the raw data coming in. No TCP/IP issues.

The date and time of the logger are correct, the baud rate is set to 19200, and the rev B is ticked.

Paul

what type of data logger do you have?

Brian,

It’s a vp2 data logger

Paul

USB/Serial/IP? Davis/third party?

Niko,

Sorry for not providing that info. Its a genuine Davis logger, using a USB connection. Its reading live data OK i.e. WD is updating and connecting via com4, it just doesn’t seem to be downloading historic data.

Paul

it was just that you mentioned about TCP/IP

try this:
exit WD
power down console (remove batteries too)
remove data logger for 5 minutes
put back in
power up console
start up WD and set time/date on data logger and set data logging interval to 1 minute and also clear the data logger too there

also check that the com port hasn’t changed. I had that happen more than once.

Brian and Aardvark,

Tried everything you all suggested to no avail. Comport is still correct (4). Did the 5 minute disconnect that Brian suggested. No difference in the issue - doesn’t download the archive data logger history.

Is it possible to switch this function off as WD won’t receive the live data from the console until I manually click abort on the data history extraction window.

Paul

you can turn it off under control panel, data logger

there is debug info though under view, debug info, if you set, setup, advanced/misc…tick log the raw data
let me know what shows there

ah… if you use Weatherlink, does the logger work?

Brian,

this is the raw log.

Pau

pw logger.txt (683 Bytes)

try this version
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/weatherdisplaytest.zip

Brian,

Thanks so much for your help. I downloaded the test.zip file and it wouldn’t install saying it was missing usb.dll…however when I then went and re-opened verso. 293 it immediately downloaded the historic data. Not sure what happened but thanks for fixing it…

Paul

you need to always unzip to where you have WD installed

Brian,

It wouldn’t let me get that far. It came up with the missing usb.dll message before I selected the destination folder for the zip files. Thanks for solving though…

Paul

you unzip to where WD is installed
then run weatherdisplay.exe from that location

I have the same problem. I noticed earlier that my wind speed had jumped very high and I restarted WD. When it restarted I noticed that it was not updating the data logger. I followed the advice that was previously given and WD will still not update the data from the VP2. I ran Weatherlink and the data is updating to that problem just fine.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Bill

have you tried the test version in the link above?