Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

HiBrian, lost another 4hrs of data this afternoon.

Access violation at address 000184D4, accessing address FFFFFFFB

was in the WD log.

Machine was not busy at the time (doing almost nothing but WD) plus I had re-niced the WD process to be one of the highest priority programs on the system. I imagine the access violation is related.

Regds,
Dave

Hi Brian, another data loss this afternoon.

Similar message in the log:

Access violation at address 000184D4, accessing address FFFFFFFC

Regds,
Dave

Hi Brian,

A strange thing I noticed today. Time is correct on WD but the graphic is showing as night time! Screen snippet attached.

Dave

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 2.29.13 pm.png

Hi Brian,

I may have found something!

My setup uploads web files each half hour. All has been fine.

BUT, if I disable the internet (so FTP will fail), the following happens:

1. WD reaches 1430:00 on its displayed clock (the time of the upload).

2. Then time STOPS on WD, BUT the “Data Received” counter keeps going (on the screen).

3.Then the clock starts working at 1431:29 BUT NOW the data stops incrementing. Then, at 1432:41 it seemed to start again.

1. There was loss of data displayed on the graphs.

2. The message in the FTP log said failed to login to the server (as expected).

So, it appears that being unable to contact the FTP server has quite big ramifications and indeed considerably interferes with things.

In this instance there was no access violation, so that may be unrelated (at least to this FTP issue).

Regds,
Dave

@doggy
that could well be the problem alright…a hung ftp connection could be causing WD to hang (becasue the cronftp program is a spawned process)
the solution is that WD fires and forgets more
@mdheron, that is a big clue about the loss of UV…I will add in to ignore a high value then

also I have upgraded the compiler used for the Mac version, and its much better…I can now find errors much better via running in the compiler (it now stops at the source code of the error when before it did not)

Look forward to the next update

me too. Also very happy to start testing the getting of historical data!

Cheers,
Dave

By the way, with regard to the night time icon at the wrong time of day. It was still “stuck” on the night/moon icon this morning but fixed by a reboot (EXIT button did not work- first time this has happened to me- but I know you are working on that).

So, perhaps the internet/ftp issue also causes that icon to be “stuck” at the last image before the problems?

Regds,
Dave

note that the exit error is already fixed
new update will be ready soon

new update ready, compiled with the latest compiler version
(I had to spend a few hundred dollars on the updates too)
will ignore high UV readings from wmr200 now
you can now set to show the real time wind/temp graph, like the windows version (see in the setup,misc setup)
and right mouse click on the graph to select a few more options
added 1.7x screen size option

Hi Brain MacB244 up and running last 24hrs. Looking good so far.

BTrip

Hi Brian,

The new version has also fixed a problem whereby when I went into the data log, it hung every time. Now works every time.

No problems with it overall since starting 42hrs ago.

Regards,
Dave

Hi
latest version I have added in support for sending data to meteotemplate.com
(see in the webfiles/web page setup, custom web page setup)
minor setup screen improvements too

Unfortunately, version 243 mysteriously stopped after about 55hrs.

No errors logged anywhere that I could find.

I was hoping this version would run for weeks without stopping.

Still, it is improving all the time.

Regds,
Dave

build 244 though was the new compiler version…

Hm, I thought I was running the new compiler version. One of them did not have the revision updated but I cannot remember if that was the case with 244 or not. That copy that I was running certainly fixed the data log hang problems.

In any case, I will start afresh with the 245 version.

Regds,
Dave

if you can also determine that if you have the internet uploads turned off , if that stops the program crashing…due to spotty internet /ftp connections maybe…if that can be narrowed down then I know where to look

the screen fixed in this update was the view, trends screen

Hi Brian, it didn’t crash when the internet was off. Just consumed lots of CPU and failed to collect data for some considerable time before coming good again.

However, I did test the new version through two full cycles with internet access cut off and it behaved perfectly! No loss of data acquisition and no “scrunching” of the time scale and no situation of the displayed clock failing to increment.

So, it looks like the new compiler was very beneficial for that!

Regds,
Dave

What’s happened to the sharpness of the text in the graph area? It used to sharp but now its not