WD not updating barometer data from Acurite 01036

Any idea why the WD barometer reading would stick at 29.914 but all other parameters (wind/temp/rain/humidity) work fine? I downloaded 10.37R296, did a fresh install but still the barometer does not change at all. It’s been 29.914 for several days. The VIS reader 3.6.2.2 shows acurate barometric pressure and changes normally. I thought it was the console but now I think it may be some registry entry or .ini file that needs to be cleared. Any help is appreciated. I’ve reset the console countless times.
Using Acurite 01036. Plenty of CPU, Win 7 and good cable and new batteries.

Thanks

what is the actual reading in the vis program?
also do you have a barometer offset set in WD?

Thanks for the quick response. Over the last 24 hours Vis has been reporting between 30.081 to 30.265. I played with the WD offset and it does not change the reading. I tried 40-50 mm which should change about an inch but it’s stuck at the 29.914.

if you are entering as inches, then you would need to be entering the offset as a decimal place
e.g
(for 0.2 inches)
or you can untick inches and enter the offset in hpa
e.g
(for 20 hpa)

Thanks for your help Brian. I think I’ve nailed this down to a hardware problem. I loaded a pretty old version of the vis reader and when i launched it the baro showed 42.32 inHG. I went to WD and set the offset to -406mb and that changed the WD reading to nearly current pressure and it’s moving like it should. I’m a hardware guy and don’t know anything about programming but my guess is the console is spitting the baro data out of range and the program does not know how or what to do with it. We’d all be dead at 42.32" so that seems reasonable.

I have no idea why the newest reader works. I have an RA for a new console.

Thanks again.

Hi
that sounds like you have it figured out , good :slight_smile:
maybe the new VIS reader sees its way out of range and so then applies an offset (to bring it down to what should be expected reading?)