Meteotemplate - new free website template

hmmmm … i did not have metar near my station … is many kilometres away … I think i will have problem with V6 meteotemplate banner …

You can disable the banner in the setup.php

Hi
have added the latest plugin and is working ok

but I have noticed that the weather station tab reports for year does something strange 2016 and 2015 work ok but 2014 and older give the dreaded error 500 after the black and white spinner.
http://www.hc-iom.co.uk/template/indexDesktop.php

I assume this is my server causing this, datachecker shows data there and reports month for older years months works ok, any thoughts on this. is there a way to disable the 2014 to 2009 in the drop down but leave 2015 and 2016 live or is my best option to disable the Y button.

any plugins that gave the same error I disabled which I can live with.

Harold

Hi Harold,

I did some testing to see what exactly is going on on your server because that error does not seem to indicate a memory problem.

I have an important question - was there any change with regards to your solar sensor during the measuring period since 2009?

Hi guys,

hope you have a nice Friday afternoon.

There is one new plugin and one important plugin update.

New plugin: GrLevelX
I have been asked by a few if I could make a plugin for the GrLevelX software. This is slightly problematic because I do not have that SW. However I tried to download the trial and use that to create a plugin, which therefore should still be treated as “experimental”.

It shows the images for the radar dynamically updated without the need to refresh the page. In addition you can choose the animation transition effect, the transition interval and I have also included detailed description of each radar image type (this is only available in English and since this program as far as I know only works for the U.S. there is no point in translating this).

Plugin update: Wind Direction
New version of Highcharts has been released yesterday and there was a compatibility issue which made the plugin non-functional. New version 1.1 fixes this and also fixes a problem with wind direction images for languages other than English. Since there is no settings in this plugin simply download the new version and replace all the old files.

Best regards and enjoy

Also, please those of you that try the GrLevelX, let me know if it worked for you.

Jachym

Info/download: http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=589
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/grLevelX/index.php

Hi Jachym

I had sensor in a jar 2009 to april 2011 and from then on Davis solar sensor the log files uploaded were 5 min interval with no solar data added

Harold

OK, well there is some problem with your solar data for the previous years.

I made some customized modifications in the annual report script on your server. It now works, just be careful in the future, when i release an update of this script (report_annual.php), let me know first because otherwise it would stop working again unless I make those changes in the upadted version again.

best regards
Jachym

Hi Jachym
thanks for sorting that out

if the database had a solar value all be it a 0 in say for the first day of the year would that of helped as there are no values for solar until it went on line during April this year.

Harold

Just leave it as it is now, this should work the way I changed it now

Hi
that’s working ok
have backed up the file in my local folder

many thanks
Harold

You are welcome,

if I update that file in the future, just let me know, the modification is not major so I can easily modify the new file as well.

ok thanks

Hi guys,

there is one new block and most importantly, many updates of current blocks/plugins. Something I intended to do long time ago…

New Block - Calculator
As a little Javascript exercise I made a simple weather calcultor. If functions as a normal calculator, but to make it a bit more interesting I also added some weather-related functions (unit conversions) and it is also possible to directly copy the result to clipboard.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/indexBlockDemoNarrow.php?block=calculator

Block update - Interactive Graph
The interactive graph is now much better optimized for the light theme.

Plugin updates
All the following plugins are now translatable (where possible) and there are also some bug fixes for a few.
[b]- earthquakes

• evapotranspiration
  • contact
  • cloud calculations
  • snow
  • unit conversions
  • WxSim
  • eclipses
  • year normals
  • year comparison[/b]

Please note - I have already added all the strings for the new translations. There is over 200 of them. Just a little note though - originally the system was inserting your submitted translations automatically, but this did not prove to be a good system as I often had to manually correct things and in the end it took me more time checking it than if I inserted each translation manually.
This means that I now do it all manually one by one and so please be patient. As there is now many new strings for many languages it can take me a little while before the translations you submit are available for download. I will try to do it as soon as possible, but this is just so you know that upon submitting it, it will not immediately appear in the language files.

Thanks
Enjoy

Jachym

Great Work!
Loving all the updates, new plugins and new blocks.

Hi guys,

a new block is now available called Count Down.

In this block you specify a certain date and time and it will show a graphical and textual dynamically updated count down to this date/time.

The counter automatically adjust to the block width and you can also specify the animation type (smooth or every second).

Just note that the count down takes into account real remaining time, in other words if there is a daylight savings time, it will then be shifted by one hour, because it shows the real remaining time.

Enjoy

Jachym

DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/indexBlockDemoNarrow.php?block=countDown
Download: http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/blocks.php

Hi guys,

I hope you had a nice weekend and to start the new week I have prepared several new blocks and plugins.

New Plugin - Night Sky
This is a very simple plugin that will show you the current night sky image for your station location. No set up required, just download and upload to your plugins directory and add a link, probably to the astronomy tab in your menu.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/nightSky/index.php

New Plugin - Marine
This plugin contains marine-related information, I will probably expand it in the future. For now there are two pages - one that shows current marine traffic and the other one, which shows current buoys location and information. Again, no set up required, just download and upload to your plugins directory and add a link to the menu.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/marine/index.php

New Plugin - Weather Symbols
I have decided that it would be nice to have a section in Meteotemplate that will actually educate your users (and maybe you as well :D) in the field of meteorology and climatology. Over time I would like to include more pages that will show general information about how the weather is measured, some diagrams, graphs… I will try to make it intersting, interactive and fun, while making sure it is accurate and complete.
The first plugin for this section is Weather Symbols. I downloaded the official documentation from the World Meteorology Organization and then created icons for all the weather symbols used. This includes symbols for reporting current conditions, symbols used in synoptic maps to show fronts, symbols for cloud cover and symbols for the various cloud types. There is always of course also the description of that particular symbol included. And to make it a bit more fun there is also a quiz you can then play to test your knowledge.
I have created a new tab for it in the menu “Meteorology” and as I mentioned above. Let me know what you think about this idea and whether you would like me to develop more Meteorology related plugins.
There is no need to set up anything.
DEMO: http://www.meteotemplate.com/template/plugins/weatherSymbols/index.php

New Block - NOAA radio
If you would like to put a NOAA radio stream on your homepage then use this new block that will add a player to your site and allow the user to play it.

New Block - GrLevelX
Some of you asked for a block for GrLevelX, so it is now available. It is not a duplicate of the plugin and as with all the other blocks, the point is to make it simpler. So in this case it will only show the most recent image for the various products. In addition I have added a function that will auto-update the images without the need to reload the site and you can also specify the maximum age of the image to show and if no new image is available, it will just show a message to the user that there is no uptodate image.

Enjoy
Best regards
Jachym

Note: Sorry if the page loads slowly, the server is currently overloaded, I asked my provider about this, hopefully it should be all fine soon.

These are lovely, thank you! Now where to put them in the menu…
Jachym at this point you should maybe start to develop a way to easily manage the menu and plugins.
It is starting to get a bit difficult to manage it manually, and I have added a few of my own which makes the upgrades more difficult too.
Just a suggestion.

Thats exactly what I thought about…

at the beginning, in versions 1 and 2 there was a simple drop-down menu with submenus. Then I created this large menu, which offers lot of flexibility, because you can put images there, even interactive features etc. But it works as a standard DIV element so it is difficult to automate, or rather I should say, difficult since everyone

I do like the current menu, however I agree it can get complicated (when like me you don’t really know what you’re doing so just copy and paste then amend the relevant text)
I like the meteorology plugin and tried to add the extra tab to the menu (copy and pasting as mentioned above) I got the meteorology heading on the menu bar but when I clicked it instead of just the meteorolgy icon/link it also had all the Astronomy links and the Astronomy tab didn’t work. I had copied and pasted the start and end sections on the astronomy tab then added the link to the weather symbols. I have now removed it and put it back to how it was previously.
Not sure how to add the extra tab.
Phil

Well what I always do is include all the new stuff commented out when releasing a new version.

You can try putting it back with the meteorology tab and then let me know and I will log on to your server and fix it, I think I know what you have probably done.

Also, just curious, the buoys and marine traffic, is that what you meant when asking about it in the past?