Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

Hi Brian exit is working on WD MacB242 Version on 1 September 2015 - 11:11:20 :wink:

Thanks Again
BTrip

Problem with data collection.

After several days of successful running, WD last night lost about 7hrs of data. You can see this in the attached snippet where the times on the graph jump.

This is version 242 on Yosemite.

Regards,
Dave

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 8.03.14 am.png

was WD running during that time?
if so was there any errors under view, program event log?

Yes, it was running the whole time.

I went to View Panel → Data log file and it hung with 100% CPU.

Had to force quit and restart.

Went to “View Panel → Program event file” and it is empty (perhaps because of the restart).

Next time, will go straight t the Program event file.

There was nothing in the System Log.

Ceers,
Dave

I would like to make the screen bigger. Currently I have it set to 1.5. Since you can’t customise the display is it possible to add a screen size of 1.75x as 2x is too big and 1.5x is too small

Also have you had a look into the reason why i am getting unusual spikes when i am plot UV on the graph?

These are the spikes I’m talking about.

Also thought I would take a chance to ask whether there are any advancements on the downloading of historical data on the WMR200

UV spikes.png

With regard to the scale getting squashed up combined with missing data, this happened again and there was nothing in the log about it. However, some time in that period the data count went back to zero. It had got up over 50,000 so maybe something happens when it reaches some “magic” number like 65,000 and goes back to zero?

Dave

Hi Brian WD MacB242 shutdown on its own @ 12:00 noon, this was in the programerrorlog I have also attached the log. Hope this is helpful.

Btrip

Access violation at address 002526E7, accessing address 0000020C
Above error or program log occured at :12 00 01 09/06/2015

programerrorlog.txt (4.32 KB)

that noon error could be with the fireweather index, which is updated at that time

@doggy
sounds like an error was occuring preventing WD from updating the graph data files, hence the squashed appearance

@mdheron
so that uv value in the spikes on the graph I take it is not correct?

latest update imroves the reporting windows

Latest update installed.

Note that going to view panel → data log file hangs the program every (5 in a row) time

Dave

They are not correct. It appears to be something connected with outdoor and indoor temps

I’ll keep an eye on it and let you know what happens.

Update: They are still occurring with the latest update but I did notice that they appear to only occur when there is no reading from the UV sensor

HiBrian, lost another 4hrs of data this afternoon.

Access violation at address 000184D4, accessing address FFFFFFFB

was in the WD log.

Machine was not busy at the time (doing almost nothing but WD) plus I had re-niced the WD process to be one of the highest priority programs on the system. I imagine the access violation is related.

Regds,
Dave

Hi Brian, another data loss this afternoon.

Similar message in the log:

Access violation at address 000184D4, accessing address FFFFFFFC

Regds,
Dave

Hi Brian,

A strange thing I noticed today. Time is correct on WD but the graphic is showing as night time! Screen snippet attached.

Dave

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 2.29.13 pm.png

Hi Brian,

I may have found something!

My setup uploads web files each half hour. All has been fine.

BUT, if I disable the internet (so FTP will fail), the following happens:

1. WD reaches 1430:00 on its displayed clock (the time of the upload).

2. Then time STOPS on WD, BUT the “Data Received” counter keeps going (on the screen).

3.Then the clock starts working at 1431:29 BUT NOW the data stops incrementing. Then, at 1432:41 it seemed to start again.

1. There was loss of data displayed on the graphs.

2. The message in the FTP log said failed to login to the server (as expected).

So, it appears that being unable to contact the FTP server has quite big ramifications and indeed considerably interferes with things.

In this instance there was no access violation, so that may be unrelated (at least to this FTP issue).

Regds,
Dave

@doggy
that could well be the problem alright…a hung ftp connection could be causing WD to hang (becasue the cronftp program is a spawned process)
the solution is that WD fires and forgets more
@mdheron, that is a big clue about the loss of UV…I will add in to ignore a high value then

also I have upgraded the compiler used for the Mac version, and its much better…I can now find errors much better via running in the compiler (it now stops at the source code of the error when before it did not)

Look forward to the next update

me too. Also very happy to start testing the getting of historical data!

Cheers,
Dave

By the way, with regard to the night time icon at the wrong time of day. It was still “stuck” on the night/moon icon this morning but fixed by a reboot (EXIT button did not work- first time this has happened to me- but I know you are working on that).

So, perhaps the internet/ftp issue also causes that icon to be “stuck” at the last image before the problems?

Regds,
Dave