I need some guidance there

I thank you for this information. When I went to college back in 1971, we had to take a class in programming. all we did was key punch cards. we sort of looked at basic, but that was it.
I am literate, but not in scripts, programming or web site design. There are a lot of things I just don’t know. Going back to college and compete with a kid who is 18 -20, isn’t going to work for me at 68.

I ask a lot of questions and those who help me, I am most appreciative. Thank you and all who have helped me.

If you have any more, bring it on. I only switched to the Leuven Template about two months ago (and am still customizing here and there), so the template-related info is still fresh with me, I hope :slight_smile:

aardvark, the WDL in the “old” page has a different configuration from the new one, you can either move the *.xml file from the old one to the new one and rename it wdl-en-config.xml or edit the new file and enter the serial number from the old file, evaluation that’s what it says now in the new file.

I am better than I was before, but now we come to the mesonet. I have this, but I bet it is wrong:

IMPORTANT Mesonet id’s and names

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------
$SITE[‘mesoID’] = ‘MWWN’; // ##### ‘WCWN’; ‘BNLWN’; do not forget the quote’s !!!
$SITE[‘mesoName’] = ‘Midwestern Weather Network’; // ##### ‘Benelux Weather Network’;
$SITE[‘mesoLink’] = ‘http://midwesternweather.net/’; // ##### ‘http://www.beneluxweather.net/’;

$SITE[‘ewnID’] = false; // #####

I can’t find a specific mesoID anywhere

When I do this, I get this error

Not Found

The requested URL /MWWN-mesomap/MWWN-mesomap-testpage.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.desmoinesweather.org Port 80

Answered at forum: Weather Template and scripts from Leuven/Belgium/Europe

Wim

thank you very much.

I think I am good to go on this and within the hour do a site redirect to the new pages.
I have just one biggie.

I am wanting to put a link to my old website page on the weather27 main page. How do I do that?
I have historical data back to 1990 that I keep updating and would like to have a link to do that.

Also I use sitemap.com how would I put that referrer into this whole mix? Do I just put it into the folder and see what give?

Anyway, I are ready .

Nice job Aardvark, I do think you be ready :slight_smile:

To put a link to your original site, I guess you simply edit the HTML of that site and add the link HTML tag:

Link label

and if you want it to be opened in a new tab, then use this:
Link label

Maybe he means to add it as a menu item, in which case the wiki covers that.

I did a redirect from my provider, Hostmonster. I think I will rename the pages I want to link. Right now www.desmoinesweather.org points directly to the new site.
i will do that link.

I am not exactly sure how to make that a menu item.
I snagged this from the wiki and would I modify it and put it up as a menu item?
item nr=“24” show=“no”
link=“inc/meteoplugLiveDashboard.php”
caption=“Meteoplug”
title=“Meteohub/plug Live Data” />

Changing the link to:“http://www.desmoinesweather.org/RainGraphs/index.htm
Caption " Climate History " or something like that
title "Weather History " or something.

not sure, I don’t speak Dutch. (I am not being snarky. I am lost)

84 degrees @ 76%, that’s not exactly pleasant :frowning:

Welcome to Iowa . The heat index on the davis is 93F, and the THSW is 101. Not that dry heat. Maybe it is a good thing I am inside, doing this instead of going out and cutting down that weed tree from the hedge.

:roll:

I took care of it. Until I understand how to make it a menu item that works, I put it down in the section at the bottom of the page where equipment is.
I think it is time I tried that “laughing man” coffee in the keurig, I need a laugh.

Thank you for everyone who provided me guidance.

WARNING: Al items in the menu should be real template scripts. No links to other websites in the menu.

But : "There

I appreciate it very much.

for the “visit other sites” would that be in the wsmenuData.xml or in the wsUsersettings.php?

This time it is in the side area script, wsSideColom.php
Lines 178 204 contain three links with extra’s, which are not needed now.
Take small steps so only change one line and test.

Will check tomorrow (my CEST time) what the result is,
Wim

I think that will do it. I might make some more tweaks, but for now… eh

I really appreciate everything. I just need to reboot my machine and we are good to go

looking good me thinks :slight_smile: