Looking for testers for the new Mac version :)

Hi Brian and others,
I have done some more investigation of problems with OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
Basically, the code your compiler/linker is producing is incompatible with 10.6.8.
So, when you are ready to release the “production version” you will need to specify that it needs a minimum OSX level of 10.x where I do not know what x is but somewhere between 7 and 10. Either that or use an older compiler version which supports Snow Leopard (which is the maximum release level for a lot of older Macs).
I upgraded my system to 10.10 (Yosemite) and confirm that 240 is working okay with it. No more memory allocation or reference errors.
regards,
Dave
PS- I did have to upgrade the Keyspan driver to a 10.9/10.10 version.

good that its working better for you now with the latest OSX version
(the upgrade in the compiler I am using must be the reason for that in compatibility)
luckily most Mac users keep up to date with OSX versions

there is though a couple of users who have had trouble running the latest version that might be on an older OSX version and will benefit in an upgrade to the latest OSX version

Hi Brian and others,
Undoubtedly some of you have already solved this.
I had problems with WD not acquiring data when it was put to the dock or the screen-saver turned on or the display shut down . (CPU and disks were set to NOT suspend).

Turns out that recent versions of OSX have introduced a “feature” called “App Nap”.

You need to disable it for WD (Google finds how easily) [or for your whole system if you so desire].

Cheers,
Dave

yes, that has been mentioned a few times :wink:

Hey Brian

No biggie, but since say 240 or 241, the exit button on WD main screen doesn’t work. Click and nothing happens

I have to do a force quit or from the menu bar quit.

Just passing on

Exit is working for me on 242
Dave

Hi Brian, WD MacB242 will not exit, Having to do a force quit to exit. This is what was in the programerrorlog.txt (Screenshot & file)

BTrip

Screen Shot programerrorlog 2015-08-30 at 5.06.17 AM.png

programerrorlog.txt (1.05 KB)

I did notice that exit error myself
(using the red ‘led’ top left of the window does work)
I will see if I can fix

Hi Brian, here is a screen shot of the programerrorlog.txt from today. WD-Macb242 is still running. There is a Access violation. Hope this helps

BTrip

not really sure at this stage what is causing that error
interestingly it occured every few seconds one after another, which means it could have been something that updates frequently (e.g clientraw.txt or customclientraw.txtor similar)

Hi Brian the error occured every few seconds one after another is from yesterday when I try to shutdown WD :frowning:

BTrip

Hi Brian programerrorlog screen Shot after trying to shutdown WD.

BTrip

programerrorlog.txt (2.3 KB)

yes, as I mentioned, i will try and track down and fix that exit error

Hi Brian exit is working on WD MacB242 Version on 1 September 2015 - 11:11:20 :wink:

Thanks Again
BTrip

Problem with data collection.

After several days of successful running, WD last night lost about 7hrs of data. You can see this in the attached snippet where the times on the graph jump.

This is version 242 on Yosemite.

Regards,
Dave

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 8.03.14 am.png

was WD running during that time?
if so was there any errors under view, program event log?

Yes, it was running the whole time.

I went to View Panel → Data log file and it hung with 100% CPU.

Had to force quit and restart.

Went to “View Panel → Program event file” and it is empty (perhaps because of the restart).

Next time, will go straight t the Program event file.

There was nothing in the System Log.

Ceers,
Dave

I would like to make the screen bigger. Currently I have it set to 1.5. Since you can’t customise the display is it possible to add a screen size of 1.75x as 2x is too big and 1.5x is too small

Also have you had a look into the reason why i am getting unusual spikes when i am plot UV on the graph?

These are the spikes I’m talking about.

Also thought I would take a chance to ask whether there are any advancements on the downloading of historical data on the WMR200

UV spikes.png

With regard to the scale getting squashed up combined with missing data, this happened again and there was nothing in the log about it. However, some time in that period the data count went back to zero. It had got up over 50,000 so maybe something happens when it reaches some “magic” number like 65,000 and goes back to zero?

Dave