1 Wire Temperature Sensor as Extra Sensor

I’m struggling to get a 1wire temperature sensor to be recognized by Weather Display, what I’m trying to do is add a sensor as extra sensor#2, monitor the temperture and have this operate one of the relays on the 8 relay hobbyboard card.

The menus I looked through are:

• Extra/Misc/Custom Screen Setting
  • Comm Port Setup
  • Dallas 1 wire
  • HobbyBoard reader

But cant get it to work, in hobbyboard 1 wire reader, it see’s the sensor, I can paste the ID ROM into the Temperature box and tick enable, once I click save, all the details in the viewing pane disappear.

Anyone got an idiot guide to adding a 1 wire temperature sensor?

Cheers

Ian

After shamelessly copying from Johns site (http://www.johnbass.co.uk/1-wire-temperature-sensor-build.html) on the sensor build, (Weather Above is also a superb resource - http://www.weather-above.com/1%20Wire%20add%20ons.html) I have a sensor mounted and working in 1 wire Dallas reader.

I’m stuck on how to configure Weather Display to use this temperature sensor to not only display on WD, but to be assigned as an extra temperature sensor so I can allocate a relay on the 8 relay hobbyboard, any pointer would be helpful.

The aim of this is to monitor the temperature of where my weather PC is and when this rises above 29c, operate a hobbyboard relay to a cooling fan, I’m sure this application or similar will be of use to many other forum members.

Note -
In the HobbyBoard 1 wire reader, if you put your ROM id in as 2, and on the 8 channel relay page, select 2 as your temperature to use, nothing happens, if you change both these to 3, the relay will energize if ticked to come on after about 48 to 60 seconds, when the relay is on, clicking to turn the relay off will happen in the same time frame, this can be misleading if you think you have got it working :frowning:
Cheers

in WD itself, under view, 1 wire …there is a tab where you can allocated extra temp sensors…

I pasted in the ID into the #1 extra temp ROM id, and then ‘Extra/Misc Setting’ but the id doesn’t appear to save, when I reopen the tabs, no value is in the ROM field and a tick box I have checked reverts back to as it was before I made any changes.

Mick from Weather Above is going to setup a laptop config to walk me through this, am I skipping a simple step.