a few problems since the upgrade.... (FIXED)

Setup a second instance of WD build 81 and set up the all day video, after a few hours of running here is both the moviemaker logs, both builds running exactly the same movie maker version. It’s not the movie maker in fault but the routine that calls the movie maker. Build 81 uses the 30 sec. images where build 286 doesn’t.
Petros

a ha…investigating

found and fixed the problem , thanks to your help
use build 289 .zip update from the download page

Sure it’s fixed, thanks Brian, but there are a couple of other minor issues that I can not find or see where they come from.
1st. With the beta version (all versions up to now) it will not log the soil moisture in the 82015ventaglog.txt.
2nd. If I do a PC restart or just a WD restart it always misses the UV (goes to 0.0 for the first record in the logger) it calculates the ET wrong, it picks up the soil temp from the logger and when WD goes back in logging in real time ET comes back ok and soil temp stops logging.
3rd. I plot a soil temp. in the main screen as well in the real time extra sensor graph, in the main screen it plots ok, but in the extra graph it shows drops to 0 about every hour.
So when you get some time could you please look at this?
Thank you
Petros

logok.jpg

log.jpg

log1.jpg

last screen shot

graph1.jpg

re soil temp logging
do you have ticked that you have soil temperature, in the weather station type setup, Davis setup?

the latest .zip update should fix the issue with the ET value being wrong after a restart

Re the soil temp. yes it’s ticked, because if you see the above graph from the main WD display (Soil temp. at 15cm) it graphs the data but where does it get the value from?
Re the ET I’ll check tomorrow morning to see if the UV is fixed also.
I’ll let you know Brian.
Thanks once again.
Petros

I suspect its a scale issue with the extra sensor graph (its trending the same, but the scale is out (i.e 20C too high)
I should be able to fix that

I have done some testing, and soil temperature is plotted OK using the graph default scale
I suspect you might have changed the graph scale in the setup in the extra sensor real time graph…for sensor 1 …default is -20 for the scale start…
do you happen to have that set as 0?

Brian I have 2 soil temp. probes, one plots ok but not the other (soil 1 not plotting right, soil 2 is ok, no matter where the plotting scale starts from) anyway something is not right somewhere, I’ve tested the ET not calculating right after restart of WD but there is still something wrong, look at the screen shot, up to the restart point it was ok and soil temp 2 was logging, after the restart, when it’s reading from the logger the ET is wrong and it pulled soil temp 1, when the live logging began the ET was back to normal and soil temp 2 started logging again.
The UV still misses the first line from the console, it goes to 0.0 and then it’s ok.
Any way not a real problem with the above, when you get time just check it.
Thank you
Petros

re the soil temp:
normally it would be soil temp sensor 1 logged in the vantagelog.txt

I am guessing you have set that the soil temperature in WD is not coming from sensor 1 (but then that is not being set from the history data)
if you could .zip and email me your wdisplay.ini settings file I will do some checking

also re the ET in the vantagelog.txt from history data…
I suspect you might have set to use the console ET value,…instead of WD’s own calculated one
(and so hence the difference)
?

Hi
I emailed you a screen shot where there was one setting re soil temperature that is causing a problem with the extra sensor real time graph

Yes Brian I got it, I did change the setting, but still not happy with the results. It could be something my end, so is there anyone else running 2 soil temp. probes with a VP pro? if so please post a screen shot of the real time extra sensor graph. I’m running out of ideas.
I’ll email you some more screen shots.
Thank you
Petros

probably better to post those screen shots, as my email (and internet) is very slow currently here (its like dial up speeds)

I did change the setting but still something is wrong somewhere, the first graph was a few days ago 19/8 when the real time extra sensor graph was dropping to 0.0 about every hour, the next day 20/8 I did try and change the settings and the same sensor was dropping to the reading of the sensor soil temp2, then after your email I put all the setting back and ever since the sensor logs in the 82015vantagelog.txt 35.0 all the time (while the temp. is around 30-32 which graphs ok in the main screen of WD) and in the real time graph it picks up to 35.0 deg. at different intervals. Can you please tell me in which other log files the readings for soil temp.2 and soil moisture are kept?
Thanks
Petros

couple more…

log.jpg

its not very clear to me if you have that setting I emailed about still set to 0 still?
(needs to be, as per my explanation in the email)

:oops: :dontknow: #-o probably read your email backwards, I did it the wrong way around. But I never touched any settings in the first place, I believe something happened during the switch over from 81 to the new build. Anyway thanks a million for your patients, all is well now.
Petros