La Crosse WS3600

Trying to run 10.37R build 294 but cannot get the startup transfer of information. The program keeps checking for the histlog 3600 to be finished.v This is running on new Weather Display.exe.

The old WeatherD.exe located in the same file runs with no problems

Running on Windows XP Professional - sp3.
Is there something I have not done? I did install Version 81 from the zip file first.

Yes it is, wrap a windows XP and install Win 7 or 10th
it is the best option.

I probably do not have the code correct for that weather station type
I will need to review the code

Hi
try the latest .zip update of WD

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the new zip this appears to be working as it is taking information from the WS3600 device.
Unfortunately it has now developed another problem after aboun 5 minutes the main program tries to reboot. My security will not allow the program to run otherwise it would presumably continue to reboot until I logged off.
Thanks for sorting out the first part.

maybe you have WD set to reboot if no data…under setup, advanced/misc
check that setting
or maybe you have wdwatchdog running? (try stopping that)

Hi Brian,
Yes had wdwatchdog running disabled this and all seems to be OK Thank you very much.

Hi Brian,
Sorry to have to come back but I have noticed that although the start up looks to be OK ( you can see the information being extracted it is not being registered. Once the extracted information stops and the main screen opens the “Data received” shows only 1 being the first set directly from the WS3600 console. The system then records and keeps the information it extracts during the day but any overnight information has to be downloaded first running the Heavyweather program to create the data log file for WD to extract manually.

[I do turn my computer off every night but this has not caused any problems in the past.]

Any thoughts?

ah, so WD it not using that data from the overnight history (but live data is OK)?