New WDliveapp version 21

Hi
version update 21 will be out soon
compiled with the latest compiler
faster
smoother scrolling
added in yesterday rain and grouped like items togther now
note, you will need to be using the latest version of the WDsendtetherdata.exe,vers 1.8, included in the latest .zip update

Hi Brian,

My WD Live on the PC and the WDLiveApp for sky conditions both always say “Overcast and Gloomy”. I must have changed a setting awhile back. My website is fine. What should I look at?

Thanks,
Mort

that info comes from the clientraw.txt file
maybe check to make sure that you do not have set to use 1 as the sensor number to use for temperature in a jar setup in the solar setup in WD

That wasn’t checked.

I’m not sure what that screen is for. I do have the Davis solar & UV sensors.

I turned the main switch for that screen off to see if the solar/UV values stll show up on my web page and they do. The solar always shows the value followed by ( 0%). i’m not sure what that value is or is supposed to be.

Clientraw.txt shows #48 Icon - Z - 18 - Overcast. It’s clear out now. #49 - L - Overcast and gloomy/Dry.

make sure the temp sensor to use for solar in jar is set as 0

you should have the main switch on in the solar setup and have set the lat/long correctly in the max solar for lat/long, etc
maybe post some screen shots of your settings

It’s set to 0.

Screen captures 2 at a time (7 total):

2 more

2 more

last one

I see that you are not using the latest version…as that shows the solar in a jar temperature sensor setting
so make sure to use the latest version
the other problem is you have the latitude backwards in the max solar for lat/long
and the attenuation should be left at 5 (default) and not 0
also tick to update the icon from the solar conditions

I’m using v294 of WD?

the other problem is you have the latitude backwards in the max solar for lat/long/

See screen shot. It looks right to me. Or are you looking elsewhere?

and the attenuation should be left at 5 (default) and not 0 also tick to update the icon from the solar conditions

Done

lat.JPG

You are West of GMT.

I meant latitude, my bad
…that is backwards…should be a positive number
also check the value
[WS2000]
Solar sensor=
in the wdisplay.ini settings file
that should be 0
(edit that when WD is not running)

Longitude :wink:

I bunged that up - now positive. I was thinking web templates where minus is west.

Solar sensor is 0.

Hi Brian:
Have lollipop…WD 294…and 1.8 tether…sitting at home on my wifi and WDliveapp starts and freezes…any thoughts?

is that with version 21 of WDliveapp?
does it start all the way up to the normal screen?
what android version number is lollipop?

Android 5.1…wdl app ver 21…app starts up to weather data screen…but no data is present…cant scroll down…tried uninstalling and reinstalling…same result…notifies that app has stopped working…thanks

it sounds like its having trouble connecting to the wdsendtetherdata.exe program

try running the app with wifi off on the phone as a test

Ill give that a try…

.no luck…data screen w no data…then went black…had to reboot phone

(droid turbo)