iOS9 iWD will not run

I mean if and when you update your compilers and xcode then release an update (probably for iOS 10).
Jailbreaking does not add or remove .dylibs. It just gives you root access to the device.
And Mobile Substrate is a code insertion platform to modify the look and feel of your device and add functionality (something like Grease Monkey the way it can modify a webpage). So I’m guessing it is modifying your app in a way it just doesn’t like.
Like I said, no problem.
I’ll keep it on my device and check again with any future updates.

no, I think you will find that the jail break software is introducing out of date .dylib files
and they need to update those (to the one that the app is expecting)

(and I am using the latest compiler and xcode versions)

After digging a bit deeper, the rabbit hole goes way deeper then I’m willing to go down on this and way above my pay grade.
It’s good enough for me to be able to run the app in Safe Mode.

the thing is, that .dylib file in error, is not one that comes with my app(there are only a couple of dylib files with comes with it), but my app is obviously linked to it (will be the way the compiler works…and out of my control)

Just one final note on that dylib and then I will be done.
It doesn’t actually exist on the device (at least in a physical file form) and the closest there is is libSystem.dylib but it is actually symlinked to the mysterious non existing libSystem.B.dylib
When running otool on your app it shows that iOS provides version 1225.0.0 of this non existing file.

bash-4.0$ otool -L WDliveapp
WDliveapp:
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 112.0.97, current version 1225.0.0)
/usr/lib/libc++abi.dylib (compatibility version 101.0.118, current version 126.4.0)

So the system is doing something odd and Mobile substrate is making it odder.
And that is as far as I’m going with it.

Also, no other apps on my device depended on that file so I could not see if any others worked or didn’t work.

your other apps not compiled with the compiler I use though (they will be compiled with Xcode or Xamarin most likely)

My old iPhone 4S running ios 9.3.2 still doesn’t like iWD or wdliveapp (freshly downloaded from the app store). iWD displays the splashscreen for a few secs then crashes. wdliveapp just displays the splash screen - and is then hard to get rid of because double-clicking the home button struggles to have its usual impact.

looks like I need to upgrade the compiler
no easy task
then re compile the app
then test
no easy task
then submit to apple
(again not easy)
then wait for them to test and pass (that takes about a week)

don’t go to all that expense and effort for me - it’s not that important to me (just passing-on the status :slight_smile: )

but it will not be just you
it will affect anyone has updated to the latest iOS version

or it might just be my old iPhone 4S ?

no, as my daughter has a iPhone 5
and now that has the latest iOS version the app does not run now (it was before that latest iOS version)

my daughter is home for the weekend
WDliveapp does in fact work on her iPhone 5 with iOS 9.3.2
(she was running the wrong version )

Downloaded and tried again on my iPhone4S and just the splash screen for 10-15 secs. However, given that newer phones run it OK, I wouldn’t go to any trouble if it is just iPhone4Ss that are the problem (time I upgraded?)

what it sounds like is happening is that on the older hardware, its taking too long to get going and the operating system is shutting it down, thinking something has gone wrong

ah yes - a definite possibility

I have fixed a start up bottleneck
(took me all day to get all the ducks lined up to get a new app submission to the apple store…its waiting for review (hopefully this new update will be available in a week)

I will look forward to the update.
Thanks for the effort.

they have reviewed the app already, but have rejected it because the screen shot I have is of the android version
apple has not complained about that before…picky…easy fix though…

Hi
it passed review, so vers 23 should be available to update to in the next 24 hours