iOS9 iWD will not run

I have managed to get the normal iWDliveapp working on my updated to iOS9.2 Ipad with the latest compiler version
so I will send that update to apple to review

Version 21 is available now

Just Download Version 22
App Hangs on first run for a minute until is crashes.
Then Crashes immediately after that.
I found the following in the Diagnostics log:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000120061088
Triggered by Thread: 0

Filtered syslog:
None found

Dyld Error Message:
Dyld Message: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Referenced from: /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/6D0ECFE5-8F38-4EE9-AB87-68A1B53B3C5B/WDliveapp.app/WDliveapp
Reason: Incompatible library version: WDliveapp requires version 112.0.97 or later, but libSystem.B.dylib provides version 1.0.0
Dyld Version: 369.12

I hope that helps.
I am on an iPhone 6 with iOS 9.0.2
The same exact error was logged with version 21 as well.

For some reason your phone looks to have some older dll files

I have the same issue on another iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.2, and an iPad on iOS 9.1 (but only after it was Jailbroken and had Mobile Substrate installed, worked fine before that)
If I boot my Device into No Substrate mode the App works properly.
So the issue here seems to be with Jailbroken devices with Mobile Substrate installed (An essential piece of software to install tweaks after being jailbroken)
I don’t know how familiar you are with Jailbroken iDevices. And I know you probably don’t want to support them (this is the risk we take being jailbroken) but there does seem to be some incompatibility with WDliveApp and dylib versioning after jailbreaking. This issue does not affect any other apps on these devices.

It’s not the end of the world. I can live without the app, but I just wanted to let you know at this point what the issue is and for any others with Jailbroken iDevices having the same problem. A temporary solution is to boot into No Substrate mode (Hold volume up while powering on the device).

it certainly would have helped if you had provided the info that you have jail broken phone earlier

Would you not have assumed that was the problem right away?
Be honest.
Are you using Delphi 10?

why would I have assumed that you had jail breaked your phone?
(which is something not officially supported by apple)

you could try contacing the jail break developers and let them know about the older dylib file they are using

You can’t answer a question with a question.
My point was, if I told you that it was Jailbroken right away the first thing you would have assumed is that that was the issue. And not done any troubleshooting which is what you seem to have done.
There are numerous reports of this issue and others like it with Devs who are using Delphi 10 and Xcode.
I am guessing that is what you are using. And this problem stems from that and not so much the jailbreak.
Yours is the only app I have that doesn’t work.
And of course a Jailbroken or rooted phone is not supported. Small price to pay for the freedom to use your Device as you please.

the problem though is that the jail breaking software is using out of date .dylib files
which affects some apps (yes depends on the compiler)
and is not something I can fix

OK. I’ll keep checking back on future updates.

future updates from who?
if you mean from me, for WDliveapp, then its not going to work for that older .dylib file that is included with the jail break software
the only solution is to get the jail break software team of developers to include the needed version of that .dylib file that is in that error

I mean if and when you update your compilers and xcode then release an update (probably for iOS 10).
Jailbreaking does not add or remove .dylibs. It just gives you root access to the device.
And Mobile Substrate is a code insertion platform to modify the look and feel of your device and add functionality (something like Grease Monkey the way it can modify a webpage). So I’m guessing it is modifying your app in a way it just doesn’t like.
Like I said, no problem.
I’ll keep it on my device and check again with any future updates.

no, I think you will find that the jail break software is introducing out of date .dylib files
and they need to update those (to the one that the app is expecting)

(and I am using the latest compiler and xcode versions)

After digging a bit deeper, the rabbit hole goes way deeper then I’m willing to go down on this and way above my pay grade.
It’s good enough for me to be able to run the app in Safe Mode.

the thing is, that .dylib file in error, is not one that comes with my app(there are only a couple of dylib files with comes with it), but my app is obviously linked to it (will be the way the compiler works…and out of my control)

Just one final note on that dylib and then I will be done.
It doesn’t actually exist on the device (at least in a physical file form) and the closest there is is libSystem.dylib but it is actually symlinked to the mysterious non existing libSystem.B.dylib
When running otool on your app it shows that iOS provides version 1225.0.0 of this non existing file.

bash-4.0$ otool -L WDliveapp
WDliveapp:
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 112.0.97, current version 1225.0.0)
/usr/lib/libc++abi.dylib (compatibility version 101.0.118, current version 126.4.0)

So the system is doing something odd and Mobile substrate is making it odder.
And that is as far as I’m going with it.

Also, no other apps on my device depended on that file so I could not see if any others worked or didn’t work.

your other apps not compiled with the compiler I use though (they will be compiled with Xcode or Xamarin most likely)

My old iPhone 4S running ios 9.3.2 still doesn’t like iWD or wdliveapp (freshly downloaded from the app store). iWD displays the splashscreen for a few secs then crashes. wdliveapp just displays the splash screen - and is then hard to get rid of because double-clicking the home button struggles to have its usual impact.

looks like I need to upgrade the compiler
no easy task
then re compile the app
then test
no easy task
then submit to apple
(again not easy)
then wait for them to test and pass (that takes about a week)