iOS9 iWD will not run

has any of the versions worked for you?

iWD never worked (does the same, but is only on the screen for 2 seconds), so today I thought I’d try the WDliveapp after looking at this topic on the forum (so, no - this is the first time I’ve tried it)

Ian

this particular problem does not seem to be a widespread problem though?
in any case I will see about porting as per my post above

I have created a new version for iOS (simpler, loads very fast, compiled with a different compiler)
its in review…hopefully passes that soon

just an update: it was rejected on review by apple…I have another update waiting to be reviewed

it was rejected again…they wanted a login username and password
I explained that was needed…you just enter the URL to the clientraw.txt file
it takes a week before its reviewed again

now they say it crashes on launch…which is odd as it does not do that here on my iphone or ipad

I see the problem…the compiler used is about to expire and so the app closes
it costs 25$ a month to use the compiler…registered…
But I see you can request a lesser amount for small companies…

Hi Brian, as of 16 Jan, 2016, I too can not get iWD to run on my iPad as well. It will display the title page ‘splash screen’(?) then move to the ‘background’. That is to say, it appears to still be running but not displaying. This is determined when I press the Home Button twice to display all running programs. I then swipe vertically to close programs that are running before shutting down and restarting the iPad. (iPad Info: iOS 9.2(13C75), Model MD790LL/A) (App store charges $0.99 USD, that is fine, no problem.)

sounds like something must have changed with iOS9

I am trying to get a new version via a new compiler past the apple review
they have just rejected it again…says it crashes when changing text in the URL
that does not happen to me here…
but I will press on

I will also test the current version on iOS9

I have managed to get the normal iWDliveapp working on my updated to iOS9.2 Ipad with the latest compiler version
so I will send that update to apple to review

Version 21 is available now

Just Download Version 22
App Hangs on first run for a minute until is crashes.
Then Crashes immediately after that.
I found the following in the Diagnostics log:

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000120061088
Triggered by Thread: 0

Filtered syslog:
None found

Dyld Error Message:
Dyld Message: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Referenced from: /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/6D0ECFE5-8F38-4EE9-AB87-68A1B53B3C5B/WDliveapp.app/WDliveapp
Reason: Incompatible library version: WDliveapp requires version 112.0.97 or later, but libSystem.B.dylib provides version 1.0.0
Dyld Version: 369.12

I hope that helps.
I am on an iPhone 6 with iOS 9.0.2
The same exact error was logged with version 21 as well.

For some reason your phone looks to have some older dll files

I have the same issue on another iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.2, and an iPad on iOS 9.1 (but only after it was Jailbroken and had Mobile Substrate installed, worked fine before that)
If I boot my Device into No Substrate mode the App works properly.
So the issue here seems to be with Jailbroken devices with Mobile Substrate installed (An essential piece of software to install tweaks after being jailbroken)
I don’t know how familiar you are with Jailbroken iDevices. And I know you probably don’t want to support them (this is the risk we take being jailbroken) but there does seem to be some incompatibility with WDliveApp and dylib versioning after jailbreaking. This issue does not affect any other apps on these devices.

It’s not the end of the world. I can live without the app, but I just wanted to let you know at this point what the issue is and for any others with Jailbroken iDevices having the same problem. A temporary solution is to boot into No Substrate mode (Hold volume up while powering on the device).

it certainly would have helped if you had provided the info that you have jail broken phone earlier

Would you not have assumed that was the problem right away?
Be honest.
Are you using Delphi 10?

why would I have assumed that you had jail breaked your phone?
(which is something not officially supported by apple)

you could try contacing the jail break developers and let them know about the older dylib file they are using

You can’t answer a question with a question.
My point was, if I told you that it was Jailbroken right away the first thing you would have assumed is that that was the issue. And not done any troubleshooting which is what you seem to have done.
There are numerous reports of this issue and others like it with Devs who are using Delphi 10 and Xcode.
I am guessing that is what you are using. And this problem stems from that and not so much the jailbreak.
Yours is the only app I have that doesn’t work.
And of course a Jailbroken or rooted phone is not supported. Small price to pay for the freedom to use your Device as you please.

the problem though is that the jail breaking software is using out of date .dylib files
which affects some apps (yes depends on the compiler)
and is not something I can fix

OK. I’ll keep checking back on future updates.