iOS9 iWD will not run

Just upgraded to ios9 on my iphone 6, when I ran the iWD app it does not load, it just quits. like I had pressed the home button, I unistalled and re installed but no joy.

Thanks

Ken

Was just logging in the forum to post the same thing. The opening screen comes up for a couple seconds and then disappears. The app is still running in the back ground but it never opens. Just upgraded to iOS9 last night and it was working before the upgrade.

Hi
I will be updating WDliveapp with iOS9 support soon
but see if that app works on iOS9?
(as it was compiled with iOS8)
(its free )

I had both installed. The same results.

Thanks

Ken

Hi
is that with the latest WDliveapp version?
I will get a new version compiled with the latest compiler version and get that submitted to the app store today

As far as I know, I always update my apps and ios version, I did a re install after I deleted them from my phone.

Thanks

Ken

just updating my OSX version on my mac and then xcode version so I can compile WDliveapp to latest iOS9 version with the latest compiler and then submit to app store for review

I would say that other apps will be affected to
thanks apple for the extra work

a new WDliveapp version (16) to work on iOS9 should be available to update now (if not then over the next few hours)
note: works with the latest WDsendtetherdata version,
included in latest WD version for windows and Mac
also note it does not now seem like it will run on earlier iOS versions …

So does WDliveapp replace iWD? I have only used iWD since I installed my weather display software.

Hi
yes it does, and its free, and it does most of what iWD does

I can’t seem to get the program to work? I know I am putting in the URL correctly (at least I think I am), but I don’t get any data. Is there something different I have to do on this program vs iWD? In iWD, I just put in the URL and it started working.

what are you entering as the URL (bookmark 1)?
and is this over wifi or mobile?

I am entering my website address where I have my wdlive site setup. I am trying it mobile on my phone.

I am wondering if I have the permissions correct for HTTP over mobile
try and see if it works over WIFI connection?

Doesn’t work on my wifi or on cell service.

I have found that apple introduced a new HTTP security feature, called Application Transport Security
and so I now have that fixed…will get a new version (17) uploaded for review by the app store, today

new verson should be ready to be updated to over the next few hours :slight_smile:

also I have found a way to get it be compatible down to iOS7
and will test that and then get another update out

I presume no news is good news?

Sorry, I still can’t get it to work on my iPhone or iPad. Doesn’t work on my internal wifi or on my AT&T mobile.

To give more information, in the setup where it asks for the url, I have tried the following.

website.com
www.website.com
www.website.com/clientraw.txt
www.website.com/httpdocs
www.website.com/httpdocs/clientraw.txt

I FTP the file to ftp.website.com/httpdocs

I can’t think of any other combination to try.