Temperature/Humidity probe

Hi, I think I need a new humidity sensor it won’t go above 80%, I found this not sure if any one has used one. Is this the senor
I need if I want to replace it (see picture of my PCB) or where can I get a cheap temp/humidity PCB ?.

many thanks.

teal.

I ordered the $70 temp/hum sensor from this site.

https://www.scaledinstruments.com/product-category/davis-instruments/

It’s a generic version of the Davis sensor, but has good reviews. My humidity would drop to almost 0 every night. Im installing the new sensor today. I’ll let you know how it works.

Hi, I will see how much the shipping will be, it says that replaces the sht11 sensor that Davis uses, I thought that they use a sht15 sensor, I could be wrong I will look into that.

many thanks.

teal.

The SHT1x-series contains a low cost version with the SHT10, a standard version with the SHT11 and a high end version with the SHT15

They will use both, the sht15 is just a higher end sensor.

Right I see, I can get a sh15 sensor for about $30 or a sht11 for $22 it should be just a case of de soldering the old & fitting the new one, when it stops raining I will go out side & take the PCB out & have a closer look at it to see how hard it will be, its will be a lot cheaper than getting a complete new PCB as on our side of the pond they cost about $230.

teal.

WOW… That’s pretty spendy. Hopefully a new board will fix it for you.

It’s sealed on the board with some kind of epoxy or rtv (silicone) and the replacement will need to be sealed too, so it’s not quite a simple de-solder/solder job but others have done it. Since you are in the UK you could try sending a PM to belfryboy, he was making replacement sensors but I don’t know if he still has them.

Got a new one coming , got it on eBay

No, different interface, and I doubt the VP can handle that either.